Nov 19, 2010, 4:14 PM EDT
There are certain players on certain teams who want to be inspired by the bright lights in New York City, to be the big star on the big stage with the Knicks. We’re not going to name names here, but one such player may have a name that rhymes with Darmelo Danthony.
Danilo Gallinari as been touted as a star for the Knicks, but after his second consecutive 20-point game Wednesday he tried to play down the expectations on him to the New York Times.
“I know you expect a lot from me, and people expect a lot from me,” Gallinari said late Wednesday night, “but I’m not a superstar, I’m not an All-Star, I’m not LeBron, I’m not those great players. I’m an important player of the Knicks. And that’s what I’m trying to do, to help the team every time. Sometimes, can be these type of games, sometimes not. But as long as we win, it’s all good.”
There is some pressure for Gallinari to be a star on this roster, although he may be better suited to the third option, stretch the floor guy. Whichever, Gallinari is just starting to find his way on a team with a lot of new players, he is picking his spots to attack and has started to fine the spaces to spot up. He’s been inconsistent so far, but coach Mike D’Antoni keeps trusting him and waiting for him to turn the corner.
The man can shoot the rock, it is just a matter of comfort.
And if you can shoot the rock under the bright lights of Madison Square Garden, you will be a star. Want it or not.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 31
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 3
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5