Nov 19, 2010, 4:14 PM EDT
There are certain players on certain teams who want to be inspired by the bright lights in New York City, to be the big star on the big stage with the Knicks. We’re not going to name names here, but one such player may have a name that rhymes with Darmelo Danthony.
Danilo Gallinari as been touted as a star for the Knicks, but after his second consecutive 20-point game Wednesday he tried to play down the expectations on him to the New York Times.
“I know you expect a lot from me, and people expect a lot from me,” Gallinari said late Wednesday night, “but I’m not a superstar, I’m not an All-Star, I’m not LeBron, I’m not those great players. I’m an important player of the Knicks. And that’s what I’m trying to do, to help the team every time. Sometimes, can be these type of games, sometimes not. But as long as we win, it’s all good.”
There is some pressure for Gallinari to be a star on this roster, although he may be better suited to the third option, stretch the floor guy. Whichever, Gallinari is just starting to find his way on a team with a lot of new players, he is picking his spots to attack and has started to fine the spaces to spot up. He’s been inconsistent so far, but coach Mike D’Antoni keeps trusting him and waiting for him to turn the corner.
The man can shoot the rock, it is just a matter of comfort.
And if you can shoot the rock under the bright lights of Madison Square Garden, you will be a star. Want it or not.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 0
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 8
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 2
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 15
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18