Nov 19, 2010, 4:14 PM EST
There are certain players on certain teams who want to be inspired by the bright lights in New York City, to be the big star on the big stage with the Knicks. We’re not going to name names here, but one such player may have a name that rhymes with Darmelo Danthony.
Danilo Gallinari as been touted as a star for the Knicks, but after his second consecutive 20-point game Wednesday he tried to play down the expectations on him to the New York Times.
“I know you expect a lot from me, and people expect a lot from me,” Gallinari said late Wednesday night, “but I’m not a superstar, I’m not an All-Star, I’m not LeBron, I’m not those great players. I’m an important player of the Knicks. And that’s what I’m trying to do, to help the team every time. Sometimes, can be these type of games, sometimes not. But as long as we win, it’s all good.”
There is some pressure for Gallinari to be a star on this roster, although he may be better suited to the third option, stretch the floor guy. Whichever, Gallinari is just starting to find his way on a team with a lot of new players, he is picking his spots to attack and has started to fine the spaces to spot up. He’s been inconsistent so far, but coach Mike D’Antoni keeps trusting him and waiting for him to turn the corner.
The man can shoot the rock, it is just a matter of comfort.
And if you can shoot the rock under the bright lights of Madison Square Garden, you will be a star. Want it or not.
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 5
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 17
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 6
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31