Nov 19, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
Ira Winderman talked about it the other day — the Heat are adjusting as much to the media scrutiny and the circus off the court with them as they are on the court. Every word they say gets dissected.
“OK, I really don’t understand. I can understand why people want to hear that, but in all honesty, we work extremely hard. We work extremely hard. We love our job. We love what we do. … When you go to work and you work hard, you feel that sometimes you need to rest a little bit so you can perform when it’s time to perform. Spo, he’s a natural head coach. Just like any other head coach, he’s gonna feel like, ‘We have to work at this,’ because he has to be a perfectionist, right? … We’re like, ‘No, we’ll figure it out.’ It’s just a common ground that we have to come to because we want to rest up for the next battle and he wants to prepare us for the next battle. We know we have to practice, and every time we go into practice, we’re going at 100 percent. I said ‘Chill,’ OK, that’s fine. Let me clarify. When I said ‘Chill,’ I didn’t mean like I just chill at home every single day and don’t go to the gym at all. In this league, you can’t do that and be successful, I think we all know that. … I was tired, I was happy we won, I used a happy word.”
Bosh also talked about his down rebounding numbers:
“It’s a different system. I have to move a lot more than I did before, so it’s just getting used to it, getting adjusted to it. Once I get adjusted to it, I’m blessed with the ability to rebound. That’s one of the things I can do. Once I figure out the system and figure out the spot … that’s just watching more film and seeing where I can rebound the ball more.”
And noted that in the end, this is all about winning. That’s what he wants to be a part of.
“I knew that, on a consistent basis, I wasn’t going to be called on to take the last shot in a game. And you know what? That’s fine. If you want to really win, there’s going to be some things you have to sacrifice. It’s easy to say, ‘I’m going to sacrifice this,’ but when it really happens, it’s a lot more difficult than you anticipated. But I keep the big picture in my mind in the long run. I want to win, we all want to win, we all want to win championships. It takes somebody to fulfill a role to get that stuff done.”
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 4
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 30
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 4
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 10
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 34