Nov 19, 2010, 5:48 AM EDT
What you missed while preparing for Guinness world record day…
The Nuggets and Trail Blazers had he only entertaining game, so that’s the Game of the Night.
Magic105, Suns 89: In the first quarter, the Suns turned the ball over on 30 percent of their possessions. That’s what happens when Steve Nash sits against a good defensive team. And the Suns are playing their fourth game in five nights.
More than Nash, however, the Suns missed Robin Lopez (also out injured) as they tried to cover Dwight Howard with Channing Frye, Earl Barron, and Garret Siler. The result was a 20 and 12 night for Howard n 8 of 9 shooting.
The fourth quarter of this game, when it was basically already decided, was ugly.
Pacers 107, Clippers 80: Bill Walton, big man guru? Walton worked with Roy Hibbert this summer and he has looked much better (most improved player anyone?). Against the Clippers — an athletic front line of DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin — he was 8 of 11 shooting for 16 points. He is impressive right now.
The Clippers shot terribly all night long. Part of that is the Pacers are better defensively than you think (currently ninth in the league in defensive efficiency) and part of it is the Clippers don’t have enough shooters. Really, the Clippers just look terrible right now.
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 0
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 3
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 9
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 35
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record