Nov 19, 2010, 5:48 AM EDT
What you missed while preparing for Guinness world record day…
The Nuggets and Trail Blazers had he only entertaining game, so that’s the Game of the Night.
Magic105, Suns 89: In the first quarter, the Suns turned the ball over on 30 percent of their possessions. That’s what happens when Steve Nash sits against a good defensive team. And the Suns are playing their fourth game in five nights.
More than Nash, however, the Suns missed Robin Lopez (also out injured) as they tried to cover Dwight Howard with Channing Frye, Earl Barron, and Garret Siler. The result was a 20 and 12 night for Howard n 8 of 9 shooting.
The fourth quarter of this game, when it was basically already decided, was ugly.
Pacers 107, Clippers 80: Bill Walton, big man guru? Walton worked with Roy Hibbert this summer and he has looked much better (most improved player anyone?). Against the Clippers — an athletic front line of DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin — he was 8 of 11 shooting for 16 points. He is impressive right now.
The Clippers shot terribly all night long. Part of that is the Pacers are better defensively than you think (currently ninth in the league in defensive efficiency) and part of it is the Clippers don’t have enough shooters. Really, the Clippers just look terrible right now.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 37
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18