Nov 18, 2010, 8:15 AM EST
Amar’e Stoudemire has lived inside the fantasy world that Steve Nash creates for the last few years. A utopia of open looks and perfect passes in a city where it never snows.
New York has been a different story. It’s been the gritty reality of the NBA, and that’s an adjustment. So is the losing, Stoudemire told FanHouse.
“It hasn’t been fun,” Stoudemire said in an interview with FanHouse while in Denver for Tuesday’s 120-118 loss to the Nuggets. “It has not been fun….”
“My game is pretty much spent a lot on the perimeter this season so far,” said Stoudemire, preferring to point to how he’s being defended. “A lot of teams are pretty much stacking in and playing a box-and-one pretty much. So it’s tough for me to get to the basket as I normally do.”
The Knicks picked up a win over Sacramento Wednesday, but it’s still an adjustment. Al Harrington brought the point about Nash home.
“I think the biggest thing for him is that the last six years, he’s been spoon-fed at the rim,” said Nuggets forward Al Harrington, looking at what Stoudemire left behind by breaking up his pairing with Suns star point guard Steve Nash. “Now, it’s a little different. He’s got to create more on his own. Of course, there’s going to be an adjustment period for him. Playing with (Nash) makes it a lot easier.”
Of course, with a five-year, $100 million deal, nobody is feeling sorry for Stoudemire. New York is nothing if not a jolt or reality, Stoudemire had better get used to that.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 3
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 0
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 26
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9