Nov 18, 2010, 8:15 AM EST
Amar’e Stoudemire has lived inside the fantasy world that Steve Nash creates for the last few years. A utopia of open looks and perfect passes in a city where it never snows.
New York has been a different story. It’s been the gritty reality of the NBA, and that’s an adjustment. So is the losing, Stoudemire told FanHouse.
“It hasn’t been fun,” Stoudemire said in an interview with FanHouse while in Denver for Tuesday’s 120-118 loss to the Nuggets. “It has not been fun….”
“My game is pretty much spent a lot on the perimeter this season so far,” said Stoudemire, preferring to point to how he’s being defended. “A lot of teams are pretty much stacking in and playing a box-and-one pretty much. So it’s tough for me to get to the basket as I normally do.”
The Knicks picked up a win over Sacramento Wednesday, but it’s still an adjustment. Al Harrington brought the point about Nash home.
“I think the biggest thing for him is that the last six years, he’s been spoon-fed at the rim,” said Nuggets forward Al Harrington, looking at what Stoudemire left behind by breaking up his pairing with Suns star point guard Steve Nash. “Now, it’s a little different. He’s got to create more on his own. Of course, there’s going to be an adjustment period for him. Playing with (Nash) makes it a lot easier.”
Of course, with a five-year, $100 million deal, nobody is feeling sorry for Stoudemire. New York is nothing if not a jolt or reality, Stoudemire had better get used to that.
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 4
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 10
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 4
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 13
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 14
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (49)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (37)