Nov 18, 2010, 9:13 PM EDT
Steve Nash sat out Thursday night’s Suns game due to a “sore groin” according to the Associated Press.
According to the TNT broadcast team, Nash was resting with what was called “pelvic instability.” I have no idea what that is (there is an easy a joke here about a girl I dated in college, but I’m better than that; well, almost).
Suns coach Alvin Gentry probably put it best, saying this was precautionary. The Suns were playing their fourth game in five days on a road trip, and that is the kind of game where you rest an older player like Nash.
Without Nash the Suns started Goran Dragic and turned the ball over on 30 percent of their possessions in the first quarter. They were quickly down double digits and stayed there through the first half.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23