Nov 18, 2010, 9:13 PM EDT
Steve Nash sat out Thursday night’s Suns game due to a “sore groin” according to the Associated Press.
According to the TNT broadcast team, Nash was resting with what was called “pelvic instability.” I have no idea what that is (there is an easy a joke here about a girl I dated in college, but I’m better than that; well, almost).
Suns coach Alvin Gentry probably put it best, saying this was precautionary. The Suns were playing their fourth game in five days on a road trip, and that is the kind of game where you rest an older player like Nash.
Without Nash the Suns started Goran Dragic and turned the ball over on 30 percent of their possessions in the first quarter. They were quickly down double digits and stayed there through the first half.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36