Nov 18, 2010, 9:13 PM EDT
Steve Nash sat out Thursday night’s Suns game due to a “sore groin” according to the Associated Press.
According to the TNT broadcast team, Nash was resting with what was called “pelvic instability.” I have no idea what that is (there is an easy a joke here about a girl I dated in college, but I’m better than that; well, almost).
Suns coach Alvin Gentry probably put it best, saying this was precautionary. The Suns were playing their fourth game in five days on a road trip, and that is the kind of game where you rest an older player like Nash.
Without Nash the Suns started Goran Dragic and turned the ball over on 30 percent of their possessions in the first quarter. They were quickly down double digits and stayed there through the first half.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 0
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 12
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 39
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 21
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 18
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29