Nov 18, 2010, 9:13 PM EDT
Steve Nash sat out Thursday night’s Suns game due to a “sore groin” according to the Associated Press.
According to the TNT broadcast team, Nash was resting with what was called “pelvic instability.” I have no idea what that is (there is an easy a joke here about a girl I dated in college, but I’m better than that; well, almost).
Suns coach Alvin Gentry probably put it best, saying this was precautionary. The Suns were playing their fourth game in five days on a road trip, and that is the kind of game where you rest an older player like Nash.
Without Nash the Suns started Goran Dragic and turned the ball over on 30 percent of their possessions in the first quarter. They were quickly down double digits and stayed there through the first half.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 29
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 26
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9