Nov 18, 2010, 2:09 PM EST
The comeback king Utah Jazz will have to do it without coach Jerry Sloan on the sidelines the next couple games.
He will miss the Jazz’s next two games to attend the funeral of a family member, the Jazz announced today. Those are games Friday night in Salt Lake City against San Antonio, followed by Saturday night in Portland. He is expected back for next Monday’s game against the Kings.
Sloan is in his 23rd season as the head coach of the Jazz, by far the longest tenured of any NBA coach.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 31
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10