Nov 18, 2010, 2:09 PM EST
The comeback king Utah Jazz will have to do it without coach Jerry Sloan on the sidelines the next couple games.
He will miss the Jazz’s next two games to attend the funeral of a family member, the Jazz announced today. Those are games Friday night in Salt Lake City against San Antonio, followed by Saturday night in Portland. He is expected back for next Monday’s game against the Kings.
Sloan is in his 23rd season as the head coach of the Jazz, by far the longest tenured of any NBA coach.
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 11
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 29
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 6
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 44
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31