Nov 18, 2010, 2:09 PM EDT
The comeback king Utah Jazz will have to do it without coach Jerry Sloan on the sidelines the next couple games.
He will miss the Jazz’s next two games to attend the funeral of a family member, the Jazz announced today. Those are games Friday night in Salt Lake City against San Antonio, followed by Saturday night in Portland. He is expected back for next Monday’s game against the Kings.
Sloan is in his 23rd season as the head coach of the Jazz, by far the longest tenured of any NBA coach.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36