Nov 18, 2010, 2:09 PM EDT
The comeback king Utah Jazz will have to do it without coach Jerry Sloan on the sidelines the next couple games.
He will miss the Jazz’s next two games to attend the funeral of a family member, the Jazz announced today. Those are games Friday night in Salt Lake City against San Antonio, followed by Saturday night in Portland. He is expected back for next Monday’s game against the Kings.
Sloan is in his 23rd season as the head coach of the Jazz, by far the longest tenured of any NBA coach.
- Report: Paul Pierce to sign two-year deal to join Wizards 4
- Report: Trevor Ariza to sign 4-year, $32 million deal with Rockets 35
- Pau Gasol tweets he has chosen to play for Bulls. Only question is will it be sign-and-trade or not. 50
- LeBron James’ contract two years, $42 million with Cavaliers. That doesn’t mean he’s leaving. 37
- LeBron returns to Cleveland a more efficient, mature player that can take team further 36
- Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker shine in head-to-head Summer League matchup 19
- Posnanski: LeBron James proves he’s a true Clevelander 58
- Report: Isaiah Thomas headed to Phoenix Suns in a sign-and-trade 40