Nov 18, 2010, 2:09 PM EST
The comeback king Utah Jazz will have to do it without coach Jerry Sloan on the sidelines the next couple games.
He will miss the Jazz’s next two games to attend the funeral of a family member, the Jazz announced today. Those are games Friday night in Salt Lake City against San Antonio, followed by Saturday night in Portland. He is expected back for next Monday’s game against the Kings.
Sloan is in his 23rd season as the head coach of the Jazz, by far the longest tenured of any NBA coach.
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 0
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 3
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 3
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 17
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)