Nov 18, 2010, 8:16 PM EDT
Thursday morning, eight days after the initial injury, David Lee walked out of a Bay Area hospital.
Which is strange because when Golden State’s Lee’s elbow collided with the face of the New York Knicks Wilson Chandler going for a rebound, it looked like Chandler got the worst of it. By far. Chandler lost a couple teeth, Lee needed stitches on his arm.
But Lee’s arm became infected and doctors said it looked like he had been hanging out in bars late at night. He needed two minor operations to clean out the infection and he got to spend several days in the hospital. But now he is out, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
Lee’s left arm has been splinted to restrict movement and he will be provided home IVs and antibiotics. (Dr. Frank) Chen will monitor Lee’s progress daily and re-examine him Tuesday.
No return date set, but it likely will be a couple weeks with the doctors saying this needs to be rested so as not to stir things up and recur.
- With two wins in Chicago, Wizards seize control over Bulls 0
- Tuesday NBA grades: Beal, DeRozan not perfect but good enough 0
- Raptors even series with Game 2 win over Nets 9
- Pacers bounce back with blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 21
- Kentucky’s Julius Randle makes the expected official: He will enter NBA Draft 15