Nov 18, 2010, 8:16 PM EST
Thursday morning, eight days after the initial injury, David Lee walked out of a Bay Area hospital.
Which is strange because when Golden State’s Lee’s elbow collided with the face of the New York Knicks Wilson Chandler going for a rebound, it looked like Chandler got the worst of it. By far. Chandler lost a couple teeth, Lee needed stitches on his arm.
But Lee’s arm became infected and doctors said it looked like he had been hanging out in bars late at night. He needed two minor operations to clean out the infection and he got to spend several days in the hospital. But now he is out, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
Lee’s left arm has been splinted to restrict movement and he will be provided home IVs and antibiotics. (Dr. Frank) Chen will monitor Lee’s progress daily and re-examine him Tuesday.
No return date set, but it likely will be a couple weeks with the doctors saying this needs to be rested so as not to stir things up and recur.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 3
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 9
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 28
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30