Nov 18, 2010, 8:16 PM EDT
Thursday morning, eight days after the initial injury, David Lee walked out of a Bay Area hospital.
Which is strange because when Golden State’s Lee’s elbow collided with the face of the New York Knicks Wilson Chandler going for a rebound, it looked like Chandler got the worst of it. By far. Chandler lost a couple teeth, Lee needed stitches on his arm.
But Lee’s arm became infected and doctors said it looked like he had been hanging out in bars late at night. He needed two minor operations to clean out the infection and he got to spend several days in the hospital. But now he is out, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
Lee’s left arm has been splinted to restrict movement and he will be provided home IVs and antibiotics. (Dr. Frank) Chen will monitor Lee’s progress daily and re-examine him Tuesday.
No return date set, but it likely will be a couple weeks with the doctors saying this needs to be rested so as not to stir things up and recur.
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 9
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 19
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 22
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31