Nov 18, 2010, 8:16 PM EDT
Thursday morning, eight days after the initial injury, David Lee walked out of a Bay Area hospital.
Which is strange because when Golden State’s Lee’s elbow collided with the face of the New York Knicks Wilson Chandler going for a rebound, it looked like Chandler got the worst of it. By far. Chandler lost a couple teeth, Lee needed stitches on his arm.
But Lee’s arm became infected and doctors said it looked like he had been hanging out in bars late at night. He needed two minor operations to clean out the infection and he got to spend several days in the hospital. But now he is out, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
Lee’s left arm has been splinted to restrict movement and he will be provided home IVs and antibiotics. (Dr. Frank) Chen will monitor Lee’s progress daily and re-examine him Tuesday.
No return date set, but it likely will be a couple weeks with the doctors saying this needs to be rested so as not to stir things up and recur.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 1
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 12
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 29
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 34
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17