Nov 18, 2010, 11:03 AM EDT
Don’t worry Christian Eyenga, Erie is lovely this time of year — feel the lake effect!
As has been expected, the Cavaliers have formally sent Eyenga down to the Erie Bayhawks of the D-League. He will open the season with them this week.
Which is what should happen — Eyenga is a swingman with some potential to get backup/rotation minutes on an NBA team in the future, but he needs seasoning. He’s not going to get it at the NBA level now, with the Cavaliers playing solid basketball, and that is what the D-League is for.
Eyenga, born in the Congo and picked No. 30 overall in 2009, has a two-year deal with the Cavs (and team options beyond that for a couple years) so they are in on letting him develop.
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 4
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 7
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 15
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 29
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 4