Nov 18, 2010, 11:03 AM EDT
Don’t worry Christian Eyenga, Erie is lovely this time of year — feel the lake effect!
As has been expected, the Cavaliers have formally sent Eyenga down to the Erie Bayhawks of the D-League. He will open the season with them this week.
Which is what should happen — Eyenga is a swingman with some potential to get backup/rotation minutes on an NBA team in the future, but he needs seasoning. He’s not going to get it at the NBA level now, with the Cavaliers playing solid basketball, and that is what the D-League is for.
Eyenga, born in the Congo and picked No. 30 overall in 2009, has a two-year deal with the Cavs (and team options beyond that for a couple years) so they are in on letting him develop.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 32
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 27
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48