Nov 18, 2010, 11:03 AM EDT
Don’t worry Christian Eyenga, Erie is lovely this time of year — feel the lake effect!
As has been expected, the Cavaliers have formally sent Eyenga down to the Erie Bayhawks of the D-League. He will open the season with them this week.
Which is what should happen — Eyenga is a swingman with some potential to get backup/rotation minutes on an NBA team in the future, but he needs seasoning. He’s not going to get it at the NBA level now, with the Cavaliers playing solid basketball, and that is what the D-League is for.
Eyenga, born in the Congo and picked No. 30 overall in 2009, has a two-year deal with the Cavs (and team options beyond that for a couple years) so they are in on letting him develop.
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 40
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 59
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 26
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 23