Nov 18, 2010, 11:03 AM EST
Don’t worry Christian Eyenga, Erie is lovely this time of year — feel the lake effect!
As has been expected, the Cavaliers have formally sent Eyenga down to the Erie Bayhawks of the D-League. He will open the season with them this week.
Which is what should happen — Eyenga is a swingman with some potential to get backup/rotation minutes on an NBA team in the future, but he needs seasoning. He’s not going to get it at the NBA level now, with the Cavaliers playing solid basketball, and that is what the D-League is for.
Eyenga, born in the Congo and picked No. 30 overall in 2009, has a two-year deal with the Cavs (and team options beyond that for a couple years) so they are in on letting him develop.
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 16
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 4
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 6
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 4
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 2
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 10