Nov 18, 2010, 10:44 AM EDT
Acie Law was brought in to be the backup point guard to Mike Conley. That has gone about as well as the midterm elections did for the Democrats.
Rookie Greivis Vasquez has beaten out Law at the backup point spot. Through 10 games Law is giving them little — 1.2 points per game on 16.7 percent shooting, he has yet to hit a three, and there is the 1.4 assists per game His PER is a dreadful 0.8. And his defense hasn’t really been impressive.
So the Grizzlies are thinking about making a change, according to the Commercial Appeal. They will work out Patrick Beverley and Garrett Temple, two guys recently cut loose by other NBA teams (Beverley by the Heat, Garrett by the Spurs).
If either impress, look for a roster change to follow. The Grizzlies can cut Law before Dec. 8, after that his contract becomes guaranteed.
- It’s official: Lakers rule out Kobe Bryant for remainder of NBA season 13
- Carmelo Anthony confirms Phil Jackson “will be coming on board” with Knicks 14
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to be team president. Or not. Depends on who you ask. 27
- Extra Pass: Western Conference playoff field ought to be really good, but just how good? 1
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: San Antonio with another impressive statement 17