Nov 18, 2010, 10:44 AM EDT
Acie Law was brought in to be the backup point guard to Mike Conley. That has gone about as well as the midterm elections did for the Democrats.
Rookie Greivis Vasquez has beaten out Law at the backup point spot. Through 10 games Law is giving them little — 1.2 points per game on 16.7 percent shooting, he has yet to hit a three, and there is the 1.4 assists per game His PER is a dreadful 0.8. And his defense hasn’t really been impressive.
So the Grizzlies are thinking about making a change, according to the Commercial Appeal. They will work out Patrick Beverley and Garrett Temple, two guys recently cut loose by other NBA teams (Beverley by the Heat, Garrett by the Spurs).
If either impress, look for a roster change to follow. The Grizzlies can cut Law before Dec. 8, after that his contract becomes guaranteed.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 5
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 13
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 9
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14