Nov 18, 2010, 10:44 AM EDT
Acie Law was brought in to be the backup point guard to Mike Conley. That has gone about as well as the midterm elections did for the Democrats.
Rookie Greivis Vasquez has beaten out Law at the backup point spot. Through 10 games Law is giving them little — 1.2 points per game on 16.7 percent shooting, he has yet to hit a three, and there is the 1.4 assists per game His PER is a dreadful 0.8. And his defense hasn’t really been impressive.
So the Grizzlies are thinking about making a change, according to the Commercial Appeal. They will work out Patrick Beverley and Garrett Temple, two guys recently cut loose by other NBA teams (Beverley by the Heat, Garrett by the Spurs).
If either impress, look for a roster change to follow. The Grizzlies can cut Law before Dec. 8, after that his contract becomes guaranteed.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13