Nov 18, 2010, 10:44 AM EDT
Acie Law was brought in to be the backup point guard to Mike Conley. That has gone about as well as the midterm elections did for the Democrats.
Rookie Greivis Vasquez has beaten out Law at the backup point spot. Through 10 games Law is giving them little — 1.2 points per game on 16.7 percent shooting, he has yet to hit a three, and there is the 1.4 assists per game His PER is a dreadful 0.8. And his defense hasn’t really been impressive.
So the Grizzlies are thinking about making a change, according to the Commercial Appeal. They will work out Patrick Beverley and Garrett Temple, two guys recently cut loose by other NBA teams (Beverley by the Heat, Garrett by the Spurs).
If either impress, look for a roster change to follow. The Grizzlies can cut Law before Dec. 8, after that his contract becomes guaranteed.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 8
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 34
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 82
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19