Nov 17, 2010, 1:06 PM EDT
UPDATE 9:13 pm: Tony Parker commented briefly on his divorce before the Spurs game Wednesday night, trying to draw a distinction between his public and private lives.
1: 06 pm: Two days ago her people were denying it up and down, but today the papers were in court — Eva Longoria has filed for divorce from Tony Parker.
Apparently whomever TMZ paid off for their information was right after all.
Parker and Longoria started dating in 2006 and were married a year later. They seemed the classy ones of the NBA’s glamour couple, just somehow a little above it all.
But being married is work. Being a rich and famous power couple makes it harder, the temptations are everywhere. No snark here, divorce is not really something I find humor in. Sucks for them. The couple has no children and does have a prenuptial agreement.
- Metta World Peace says Howard isn’t going anywhere because he has a hold on his… um… those 10
- In praise of the brilliant, baffling Manu Ginobili 17
- If Doc is out, who is in for Celtics? Maybe Del Negro, Frank 13
- Where does Celtics’ Rivers, Garnett trade to Clippers stand? They’re talking. 28
- Boris Diaw’s defense slowed LeBron down. I know, right? 26
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- Reports: Jason Kidd finalizes deal, will be Nets new coach (62)
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- PBT: Unheralded Green could steal NBA Finals MVP