Nov 17, 2010, 1:06 PM EDT
UPDATE 9:13 pm: Tony Parker commented briefly on his divorce before the Spurs game Wednesday night, trying to draw a distinction between his public and private lives.
1: 06 pm: Two days ago her people were denying it up and down, but today the papers were in court — Eva Longoria has filed for divorce from Tony Parker.
Apparently whomever TMZ paid off for their information was right after all.
Parker and Longoria started dating in 2006 and were married a year later. They seemed the classy ones of the NBA’s glamour couple, just somehow a little above it all.
But being married is work. Being a rich and famous power couple makes it harder, the temptations are everywhere. No snark here, divorce is not really something I find humor in. Sucks for them. The couple has no children and does have a prenuptial agreement.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 42
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 88
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 57
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59