Nov 17, 2010, 1:38 PM EST
The Spurs let Alonzo Gee go, which dropped their roster down to 12 players. League rules require a team to carry 13 players.
Hello Danny Green.
The Spurs have signed the former Tarheel swingman, according to a tweet from Jeff McDonald of the Express-News. This is really an extended tryout for Green more than anything. He’ll have really good seats for games but will not be playing much at all.
Which is basically what he did for the Cavaliers last season — he got in 20 games and racked up 115 minutes of playing time. If we want to play Small Sample Size Theatre his numbers looked pretty good. But the Cavs didn’t keep him and that’s not exactly a powerhouse roster so read into that whatever you want. Green will need to prove he can defend at the NBA level and shoot better than Gee (2 of 9 if you combine preseason and regular season together).
Green got an invite to the dance, now it’s on him to stay.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10