Nov 17, 2010, 1:38 PM EDT
The Spurs let Alonzo Gee go, which dropped their roster down to 12 players. League rules require a team to carry 13 players.
Hello Danny Green.
The Spurs have signed the former Tarheel swingman, according to a tweet from Jeff McDonald of the Express-News. This is really an extended tryout for Green more than anything. He’ll have really good seats for games but will not be playing much at all.
Which is basically what he did for the Cavaliers last season — he got in 20 games and racked up 115 minutes of playing time. If we want to play Small Sample Size Theatre his numbers looked pretty good. But the Cavs didn’t keep him and that’s not exactly a powerhouse roster so read into that whatever you want. Green will need to prove he can defend at the NBA level and shoot better than Gee (2 of 9 if you combine preseason and regular season together).
Green got an invite to the dance, now it’s on him to stay.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 0
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 28
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 17
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 42
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 15
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6