Nov 17, 2010, 1:38 PM EDT
The Spurs let Alonzo Gee go, which dropped their roster down to 12 players. League rules require a team to carry 13 players.
Hello Danny Green.
The Spurs have signed the former Tarheel swingman, according to a tweet from Jeff McDonald of the Express-News. This is really an extended tryout for Green more than anything. He’ll have really good seats for games but will not be playing much at all.
Which is basically what he did for the Cavaliers last season — he got in 20 games and racked up 115 minutes of playing time. If we want to play Small Sample Size Theatre his numbers looked pretty good. But the Cavs didn’t keep him and that’s not exactly a powerhouse roster so read into that whatever you want. Green will need to prove he can defend at the NBA level and shoot better than Gee (2 of 9 if you combine preseason and regular season together).
Green got an invite to the dance, now it’s on him to stay.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 10
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 28
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85