Nov 17, 2010, 1:38 PM EDT
The Spurs let Alonzo Gee go, which dropped their roster down to 12 players. League rules require a team to carry 13 players.
Hello Danny Green.
The Spurs have signed the former Tarheel swingman, according to a tweet from Jeff McDonald of the Express-News. This is really an extended tryout for Green more than anything. He’ll have really good seats for games but will not be playing much at all.
Which is basically what he did for the Cavaliers last season — he got in 20 games and racked up 115 minutes of playing time. If we want to play Small Sample Size Theatre his numbers looked pretty good. But the Cavs didn’t keep him and that’s not exactly a powerhouse roster so read into that whatever you want. Green will need to prove he can defend at the NBA level and shoot better than Gee (2 of 9 if you combine preseason and regular season together).
Green got an invite to the dance, now it’s on him to stay.
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 14
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 6
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 29
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17