Nov 16, 2010, 5:26 PM EST
UPDATE 11/17, 9:45 am: And now it is all back on, she has filed divorce papers.
UPDATE 5:26 pm: TMZ is now backtracking from the story.
4:46 pm: Basketball’s
most famous second most famous couple have filed for divorce, according to TMZ as rumors swirl that Tony Parker and Eva Longoria are on the outs. A rep for Longoria told Today Show blog The Scoop that the reports are 100% false. TMZ reports that despite Longoria’s people denying the report, two Bexar county court officials are saying they filed yesterday and a judge sealed the records.
Longoria and Parker have been together for quite some time, as they started dating in 2006 and were married in 2007. What’s interesting about this entire thing for those of you still reading who actually care about basketball is that Longoria was pretty receptive to the rumors of Parker being headed to the Knicks. But just a few weeks ago Parker signed a mammoth extension that will keep him in San Antonio, a far-removed locale from the spotlight, for years. You have to wonder if the two had different ideas about where and how to spend their future.
The Spurs no doubt sympathize with Parker but may feel a bit revealed not to have the starlet around. She didn’t exactly fit their understated, blue-collar image. For Parker, it’s a bummer though. Being famous and married is hard, even if it’s not the hardest thing, ever.
Parker’s representatives have yet to issue comment on the matter.
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 4
- PBT’s Wednesday night NBA Winners/Losers: Video of LeBron’s fumble, other tight finishes 13
- LeBron James, with chance to beat Spurs, loses ball to end game (video) 39
- NBA suspends Hornets’ Jeff Taylor for 24 games following guilty plea for domestic violence 7
- PBT Extra: Is Dwight Howard NBA’s newest villain? 31
- Report: Bradley Beal to make season debut Wednesday for Wizards 5
- Kobe Bryant passes 32,000 career points milestone 6
- Dwight Howard’s attorney: Claims Rockets’ star abused his child baseless 11