Nov 16, 2010, 5:26 PM EDT
UPDATE 11/17, 9:45 am: And now it is all back on, she has filed divorce papers.
UPDATE 5:26 pm: TMZ is now backtracking from the story.
4:46 pm: Basketball’s
most famous second most famous couple have filed for divorce, according to TMZ as rumors swirl that Tony Parker and Eva Longoria are on the outs. A rep for Longoria told Today Show blog The Scoop that the reports are 100% false. TMZ reports that despite Longoria’s people denying the report, two Bexar county court officials are saying they filed yesterday and a judge sealed the records.
Longoria and Parker have been together for quite some time, as they started dating in 2006 and were married in 2007. What’s interesting about this entire thing for those of you still reading who actually care about basketball is that Longoria was pretty receptive to the rumors of Parker being headed to the Knicks. But just a few weeks ago Parker signed a mammoth extension that will keep him in San Antonio, a far-removed locale from the spotlight, for years. You have to wonder if the two had different ideas about where and how to spend their future.
The Spurs no doubt sympathize with Parker but may feel a bit revealed not to have the starlet around. She didn’t exactly fit their understated, blue-collar image. For Parker, it’s a bummer though. Being famous and married is hard, even if it’s not the hardest thing, ever.
Parker’s representatives have yet to issue comment on the matter.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 27
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18