Nov 16, 2010, 9:27 PM EDT
Scott Raab of Esquire is harder on LeBron James than just about anyone – when it was announced that LeBron was nominated for the TIME Man of the Year award, he mentioned that Hitler was nominated for it once.
Or, you can get a feel for his take on James by reading this latest piece for Esquire about his trip to see James and the Heat play the Raptors, filled with Ahab and Moby Dick references. Or just follow Raab on twitter, where he called James “The whore of Akron.”
Now, as noted at Sports Illustrated (via TrueHoop), Raab is going to be writing a book that is a “meditation on Cleveland and loyalty and fanhood.” Yeah, we see where that is going. Here is what he told SI:
“I’m not looking for a showdown at the O.K. Corral,” Raab said. “To the extent that Twitter is a persona, that’s where the persona is. The only thing I really want to ask LeBron is what do you tell the kid who is growing up in Cleveland who loved you and felt he was part of something special because you were The Man? The whole idea of fanhood on the face of it is silly, but it is no less real. What he put the town through, I am very angry about.”
Say it ain’t so Joe. Er, LeBron.
Sports themes can be so cyclical.
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 1
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 34
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17