Nov 16, 2010, 9:27 PM EST
Scott Raab of Esquire is harder on LeBron James than just about anyone – when it was announced that LeBron was nominated for the TIME Man of the Year award, he mentioned that Hitler was nominated for it once.
Or, you can get a feel for his take on James by reading this latest piece for Esquire about his trip to see James and the Heat play the Raptors, filled with Ahab and Moby Dick references. Or just follow Raab on twitter, where he called James “The whore of Akron.”
Now, as noted at Sports Illustrated (via TrueHoop), Raab is going to be writing a book that is a “meditation on Cleveland and loyalty and fanhood.” Yeah, we see where that is going. Here is what he told SI:
“I’m not looking for a showdown at the O.K. Corral,” Raab said. “To the extent that Twitter is a persona, that’s where the persona is. The only thing I really want to ask LeBron is what do you tell the kid who is growing up in Cleveland who loved you and felt he was part of something special because you were The Man? The whole idea of fanhood on the face of it is silly, but it is no less real. What he put the town through, I am very angry about.”
Say it ain’t so Joe. Er, LeBron.
Sports themes can be so cyclical.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 12
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17