Nov 16, 2010, 1:02 PM EDT
“Hallelujah, boys, is that great or what? … How cool is that? Now, they could still turn it around and win out for all that matters, but you’re starting to see some of the problems. Any team with a strong, big guy that can score, they’re getting abused by. Paul Millsap goes out and pulls a Tracy McGrady. What, Tracy McGrady scored 13 and 30 and Paul Millsap scores 11 in 29 seconds or something like that? They just don’t have size to battle. They have the fewest points in the paint of any team and that’s tough. … My buddy Dan Gilbert is smiling all the way, too. Again, it’s early in the season and you never quite know how it’s going to play out, but how glorious.”
Cuban must not believe in the word “karma” after comments like that.
Although right now his Mavericks are coming together in a way that has them right in the mix in that second tier in the West — Behind the Lakers but there with the Spurs and Hornets (and maybe the Nuggets once they get healthy). With the way his team as played – beating Boston and giving New Orleans its first loss — he can crow a little.
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 0
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 3
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 11
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23