Nov 16, 2010, 1:02 PM EDT
“Hallelujah, boys, is that great or what? … How cool is that? Now, they could still turn it around and win out for all that matters, but you’re starting to see some of the problems. Any team with a strong, big guy that can score, they’re getting abused by. Paul Millsap goes out and pulls a Tracy McGrady. What, Tracy McGrady scored 13 and 30 and Paul Millsap scores 11 in 29 seconds or something like that? They just don’t have size to battle. They have the fewest points in the paint of any team and that’s tough. … My buddy Dan Gilbert is smiling all the way, too. Again, it’s early in the season and you never quite know how it’s going to play out, but how glorious.”
Cuban must not believe in the word “karma” after comments like that.
Although right now his Mavericks are coming together in a way that has them right in the mix in that second tier in the West — Behind the Lakers but there with the Spurs and Hornets (and maybe the Nuggets once they get healthy). With the way his team as played – beating Boston and giving New Orleans its first loss — he can crow a little.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 4
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 8
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4