Nov 16, 2010, 1:02 PM EDT
“Hallelujah, boys, is that great or what? … How cool is that? Now, they could still turn it around and win out for all that matters, but you’re starting to see some of the problems. Any team with a strong, big guy that can score, they’re getting abused by. Paul Millsap goes out and pulls a Tracy McGrady. What, Tracy McGrady scored 13 and 30 and Paul Millsap scores 11 in 29 seconds or something like that? They just don’t have size to battle. They have the fewest points in the paint of any team and that’s tough. … My buddy Dan Gilbert is smiling all the way, too. Again, it’s early in the season and you never quite know how it’s going to play out, but how glorious.”
Cuban must not believe in the word “karma” after comments like that.
Although right now his Mavericks are coming together in a way that has them right in the mix in that second tier in the West — Behind the Lakers but there with the Spurs and Hornets (and maybe the Nuggets once they get healthy). With the way his team as played – beating Boston and giving New Orleans its first loss — he can crow a little.
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 1
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 43
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 65
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 26