Nov 16, 2010, 3:07 PM EDT
Andre Iguodala has a lingering right Achilles tendon issue that has kept him out of a couple of games and some practices lately.
You can add Tuesday night’s Sixers/Cavaliers matchup to the list. He had to leave practice early because of soreness Monday and will now sit out Tuesday, according to the Associated Press. Andres Nocioni will start in his place.
Iggy has struggled this season — his points per game is down from 17.1 last season to 12.8 this season, his true shooting percentage is down to 48.8 percent (from 53.5), his grabbing one few rebounds and is getting to the line for one fewer free throw per game. His PER, at 17.8 last season, is at a below-league-average 14.1 this time around.
The lingering injury is part of that, he is just not as explosive.
The Sixers have lost three straight. The Cavaliers may be without Mo Williams and Anderson Varejao, both of whom are a game-time decisions. Williams is farther away, according to coach Byron Scott.
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 21
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 6
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 39
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 63
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 62
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40