Nov 16, 2010, 3:07 PM EDT
Andre Iguodala has a lingering right Achilles tendon issue that has kept him out of a couple of games and some practices lately.
You can add Tuesday night’s Sixers/Cavaliers matchup to the list. He had to leave practice early because of soreness Monday and will now sit out Tuesday, according to the Associated Press. Andres Nocioni will start in his place.
Iggy has struggled this season — his points per game is down from 17.1 last season to 12.8 this season, his true shooting percentage is down to 48.8 percent (from 53.5), his grabbing one few rebounds and is getting to the line for one fewer free throw per game. His PER, at 17.8 last season, is at a below-league-average 14.1 this time around.
The lingering injury is part of that, he is just not as explosive.
The Sixers have lost three straight. The Cavaliers may be without Mo Williams and Anderson Varejao, both of whom are a game-time decisions. Williams is farther away, according to coach Byron Scott.
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 20
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 17
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 16
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 40
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5