Nov 16, 2010, 3:07 PM EDT
Andre Iguodala has a lingering right Achilles tendon issue that has kept him out of a couple of games and some practices lately.
You can add Tuesday night’s Sixers/Cavaliers matchup to the list. He had to leave practice early because of soreness Monday and will now sit out Tuesday, according to the Associated Press. Andres Nocioni will start in his place.
Iggy has struggled this season — his points per game is down from 17.1 last season to 12.8 this season, his true shooting percentage is down to 48.8 percent (from 53.5), his grabbing one few rebounds and is getting to the line for one fewer free throw per game. His PER, at 17.8 last season, is at a below-league-average 14.1 this time around.
The lingering injury is part of that, he is just not as explosive.
The Sixers have lost three straight. The Cavaliers may be without Mo Williams and Anderson Varejao, both of whom are a game-time decisions. Williams is farther away, according to coach Byron Scott.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 8
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 39
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31