Nov 16, 2010, 3:07 PM EDT
Andre Iguodala has a lingering right Achilles tendon issue that has kept him out of a couple of games and some practices lately.
You can add Tuesday night’s Sixers/Cavaliers matchup to the list. He had to leave practice early because of soreness Monday and will now sit out Tuesday, according to the Associated Press. Andres Nocioni will start in his place.
Iggy has struggled this season — his points per game is down from 17.1 last season to 12.8 this season, his true shooting percentage is down to 48.8 percent (from 53.5), his grabbing one few rebounds and is getting to the line for one fewer free throw per game. His PER, at 17.8 last season, is at a below-league-average 14.1 this time around.
The lingering injury is part of that, he is just not as explosive.
The Sixers have lost three straight. The Cavaliers may be without Mo Williams and Anderson Varejao, both of whom are a game-time decisions. Williams is farther away, according to coach Byron Scott.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 40
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 18
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6