Nov 16, 2010, 9:54 AM EDT
What, you didn’t expect Celtics centers to start getting healthy, did you?
Doc Rivers Monday told WEEI not to be expecting Jermaine O’Neal, one of this summer’s free agent acquisitions in Boston, back for a little while.
“Two, three weeks would be a guestimate,” Doc Rivers said Monday. “We don’t know exactly. We’re going through a couple of more evaluations.”
This is still a rest and treatment thing, Rivers added, they are not talking about surgery. But when you “guestimate” weeks, adding later there is no real timetable, then it is pretty serious.
Shaquille O’Neal is still getting the starts right now, but he has not been particularly impressive or healthy. Semih Erden has been behind him playing like a rookie, although with moments that make you dream he could be a good long-term fit. Meanwhile, it’s more than a month before we can start having a serious “Kendrick Perkins is going to be back soon” conversation.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 7
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10