Nov 16, 2010, 9:54 AM EDT
What, you didn’t expect Celtics centers to start getting healthy, did you?
Doc Rivers Monday told WEEI not to be expecting Jermaine O’Neal, one of this summer’s free agent acquisitions in Boston, back for a little while.
“Two, three weeks would be a guestimate,” Doc Rivers said Monday. “We don’t know exactly. We’re going through a couple of more evaluations.”
This is still a rest and treatment thing, Rivers added, they are not talking about surgery. But when you “guestimate” weeks, adding later there is no real timetable, then it is pretty serious.
Shaquille O’Neal is still getting the starts right now, but he has not been particularly impressive or healthy. Semih Erden has been behind him playing like a rookie, although with moments that make you dream he could be a good long-term fit. Meanwhile, it’s more than a month before we can start having a serious “Kendrick Perkins is going to be back soon” conversation.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 12
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 39
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19