Nov 16, 2010, 9:54 AM EDT
What, you didn’t expect Celtics centers to start getting healthy, did you?
Doc Rivers Monday told WEEI not to be expecting Jermaine O’Neal, one of this summer’s free agent acquisitions in Boston, back for a little while.
“Two, three weeks would be a guestimate,” Doc Rivers said Monday. “We don’t know exactly. We’re going through a couple of more evaluations.”
This is still a rest and treatment thing, Rivers added, they are not talking about surgery. But when you “guestimate” weeks, adding later there is no real timetable, then it is pretty serious.
Shaquille O’Neal is still getting the starts right now, but he has not been particularly impressive or healthy. Semih Erden has been behind him playing like a rookie, although with moments that make you dream he could be a good long-term fit. Meanwhile, it’s more than a month before we can start having a serious “Kendrick Perkins is going to be back soon” conversation.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 28
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 44
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4