Nov 15, 2010, 9:45 PM EDT
The Suns might as well just accept they won’t be rebounding ever again. Coming into their first season without Amar’e Stoudemire, Robin Lopez was supposed to be the pre-eminent big man for the Suns. Now he’s out “several weeks” according to a Suns press release with sprains of both his MCL and PCL in his left leg.
Lopez has been hampered with injuries since training camp and has struggled. This latest step back means more time for the Perimeter Center Channing Frye and more small lineups with Hakim Warrick and Hedo Turkoglu. It’ll be interesting to see who does the rebounding for the Suns with Lopez out. A small team just got smaller.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 52
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 34
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 35
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18