Nov 15, 2010, 9:45 PM EDT
The Suns might as well just accept they won’t be rebounding ever again. Coming into their first season without Amar’e Stoudemire, Robin Lopez was supposed to be the pre-eminent big man for the Suns. Now he’s out “several weeks” according to a Suns press release with sprains of both his MCL and PCL in his left leg.
Lopez has been hampered with injuries since training camp and has struggled. This latest step back means more time for the Perimeter Center Channing Frye and more small lineups with Hakim Warrick and Hedo Turkoglu. It’ll be interesting to see who does the rebounding for the Suns with Lopez out. A small team just got smaller.
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 0
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 29
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 11
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 13
- Harden’s 17 fourth-quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 12