Nov 15, 2010, 9:45 PM EDT
The Suns might as well just accept they won’t be rebounding ever again. Coming into their first season without Amar’e Stoudemire, Robin Lopez was supposed to be the pre-eminent big man for the Suns. Now he’s out “several weeks” according to a Suns press release with sprains of both his MCL and PCL in his left leg.
Lopez has been hampered with injuries since training camp and has struggled. This latest step back means more time for the Perimeter Center Channing Frye and more small lineups with Hakim Warrick and Hedo Turkoglu. It’ll be interesting to see who does the rebounding for the Suns with Lopez out. A small team just got smaller.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30