Nov 14, 2010, 12:15 PM EST
It’s pretty predictable, really. Steve Nash’s best days were with Amar’e Stoudemire and Mike D’Antoni. Raymond Felton is a good point guard, but he’s not Steve Nash. Steve Nash may or may not be on the block if the Suns slip out of playoff contention. So the Knicks are getting in line good and early.
The New York Daily News reports that a Knicks source indicates they “will make an inquiry.” Whether that means a phone call, a fruit basket, or a gigantic blimp that reads “We’ll give you whatever you want! Love, The Knicks” is unclear at this time. Alvin Gentry definitely isn’t on board with moving Nash, and for known business-oriented owner Robert Sarver, moving Nash would mean a big drop in ticket sales, jersey sales, and everything-else sales. It doesn’t make much sense to move him until you’re absolutely ready to gut the team and start over. When that time comes, if that time comes, Nash does need to be the first to go, but you’ve got to make sure you’re absolutely ready to push that button before you do.
For the Knicks, they face the same problem they have with the Carmelo Anthony talks. What are they going to offer? They can give Felton, Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf, Danilo Gallinari, Toney Douglas maybe, Wilson Chandler. Is there a combination of those guys you’d take for Steve Nash? The Knicks continue to face the same problem they’ve had all along. They can’t get a good player without sending picks along, and they sent their picks to Houston. The Knicks can inquire all they want, but it’s going to take two to tango.
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 2
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)