Nov 14, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
It’s pretty predictable, really. Steve Nash’s best days were with Amar’e Stoudemire and Mike D’Antoni. Raymond Felton is a good point guard, but he’s not Steve Nash. Steve Nash may or may not be on the block if the Suns slip out of playoff contention. So the Knicks are getting in line good and early.
The New York Daily News reports that a Knicks source indicates they “will make an inquiry.” Whether that means a phone call, a fruit basket, or a gigantic blimp that reads “We’ll give you whatever you want! Love, The Knicks” is unclear at this time. Alvin Gentry definitely isn’t on board with moving Nash, and for known business-oriented owner Robert Sarver, moving Nash would mean a big drop in ticket sales, jersey sales, and everything-else sales. It doesn’t make much sense to move him until you’re absolutely ready to gut the team and start over. When that time comes, if that time comes, Nash does need to be the first to go, but you’ve got to make sure you’re absolutely ready to push that button before you do.
For the Knicks, they face the same problem they have with the Carmelo Anthony talks. What are they going to offer? They can give Felton, Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf, Danilo Gallinari, Toney Douglas maybe, Wilson Chandler. Is there a combination of those guys you’d take for Steve Nash? The Knicks continue to face the same problem they’ve had all along. They can’t get a good player without sending picks along, and they sent their picks to Houston. The Knicks can inquire all they want, but it’s going to take two to tango.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 6
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 4
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27