Nov 13, 2010, 4:38 PM EDT
Well, he was overweight to start with, then got hurt, then got benched, and now he’s just going to be absent for a while. The LA Times reports that Vinny Del Negro is keeping Baron Davis out until after Thanksgiving to rest his injured knee.
The Clips are in a bad spot with Davis. It’s been alleviated with the emergence of Eric Bledsoe, but they still have a sizable point guard with a sizable contract with a sizable injury history on the books who they really don’t need or want. Moving him off to part unknown allows for them to at least pursue the future with Bledsoe.
Davis can still be a capable guard, but it requires so many things to go right. And that’s not really how the Clippers work, most times.
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 11
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11