Nov 13, 2010, 4:38 PM EDT
Well, he was overweight to start with, then got hurt, then got benched, and now he’s just going to be absent for a while. The LA Times reports that Vinny Del Negro is keeping Baron Davis out until after Thanksgiving to rest his injured knee.
The Clips are in a bad spot with Davis. It’s been alleviated with the emergence of Eric Bledsoe, but they still have a sizable point guard with a sizable contract with a sizable injury history on the books who they really don’t need or want. Moving him off to part unknown allows for them to at least pursue the future with Bledsoe.
Davis can still be a capable guard, but it requires so many things to go right. And that’s not really how the Clippers work, most times.
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 1
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 33
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 15
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 36
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 14
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (75)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'