Nov 13, 2010, 4:38 PM EST
Well, he was overweight to start with, then got hurt, then got benched, and now he’s just going to be absent for a while. The LA Times reports that Vinny Del Negro is keeping Baron Davis out until after Thanksgiving to rest his injured knee.
The Clips are in a bad spot with Davis. It’s been alleviated with the emergence of Eric Bledsoe, but they still have a sizable point guard with a sizable contract with a sizable injury history on the books who they really don’t need or want. Moving him off to part unknown allows for them to at least pursue the future with Bledsoe.
Davis can still be a capable guard, but it requires so many things to go right. And that’s not really how the Clippers work, most times.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 24
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 6
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 22
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 17
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)