Nov 13, 2010, 4:38 PM EDT
Well, he was overweight to start with, then got hurt, then got benched, and now he’s just going to be absent for a while. The LA Times reports that Vinny Del Negro is keeping Baron Davis out until after Thanksgiving to rest his injured knee.
The Clips are in a bad spot with Davis. It’s been alleviated with the emergence of Eric Bledsoe, but they still have a sizable point guard with a sizable contract with a sizable injury history on the books who they really don’t need or want. Moving him off to part unknown allows for them to at least pursue the future with Bledsoe.
Davis can still be a capable guard, but it requires so many things to go right. And that’s not really how the Clippers work, most times.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 3
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 13
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17