Nov 13, 2010, 4:38 PM EDT
Well, he was overweight to start with, then got hurt, then got benched, and now he’s just going to be absent for a while. The LA Times reports that Vinny Del Negro is keeping Baron Davis out until after Thanksgiving to rest his injured knee.
The Clips are in a bad spot with Davis. It’s been alleviated with the emergence of Eric Bledsoe, but they still have a sizable point guard with a sizable contract with a sizable injury history on the books who they really don’t need or want. Moving him off to part unknown allows for them to at least pursue the future with Bledsoe.
Davis can still be a capable guard, but it requires so many things to go right. And that’s not really how the Clippers work, most times.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 10
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 43
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11