Nov 13, 2010, 7:32 PM EDT
It’s easy to get wrapped up in the business of basketball. Basketball is a full-time job, and due to the extreme pressure and expectations, people can lose sight of the rest of the world. It’s good to see that a prominent member of the NBA front office if above that.
Dave D’Allessandro of NJ.com reports on the story of Ryan Blake, director of scouting for the NBA. Blake has begun a 3,000 mile motorcycle ride (he’s a big hog boss) to travel to 11 venues in 14 days promoting Coaches versus Cancer and the American Cancer Society. Blake was inspired after losing a longtime friend to cancer and now is traveling the country on a Triumph sponsored trip which he’ll be narrating on Twitter (@hoopshighway).
In the light of… ahem, recent comments, it’s great to see this from a member of the NBA. Check out the story.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 5
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 8
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4