Nov 13, 2010, 7:32 PM EDT
It’s easy to get wrapped up in the business of basketball. Basketball is a full-time job, and due to the extreme pressure and expectations, people can lose sight of the rest of the world. It’s good to see that a prominent member of the NBA front office if above that.
Dave D’Allessandro of NJ.com reports on the story of Ryan Blake, director of scouting for the NBA. Blake has begun a 3,000 mile motorcycle ride (he’s a big hog boss) to travel to 11 venues in 14 days promoting Coaches versus Cancer and the American Cancer Society. Blake was inspired after losing a longtime friend to cancer and now is traveling the country on a Triumph sponsored trip which he’ll be narrating on Twitter (@hoopshighway).
In the light of… ahem, recent comments, it’s great to see this from a member of the NBA. Check out the story.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 14
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 13
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 15
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 23
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80