Nov 13, 2010, 7:32 PM EDT
It’s easy to get wrapped up in the business of basketball. Basketball is a full-time job, and due to the extreme pressure and expectations, people can lose sight of the rest of the world. It’s good to see that a prominent member of the NBA front office if above that.
Dave D’Allessandro of NJ.com reports on the story of Ryan Blake, director of scouting for the NBA. Blake has begun a 3,000 mile motorcycle ride (he’s a big hog boss) to travel to 11 venues in 14 days promoting Coaches versus Cancer and the American Cancer Society. Blake was inspired after losing a longtime friend to cancer and now is traveling the country on a Triumph sponsored trip which he’ll be narrating on Twitter (@hoopshighway).
In the light of… ahem, recent comments, it’s great to see this from a member of the NBA. Check out the story.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 46
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 20
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6