Nov 13, 2010, 7:32 PM EDT
It’s easy to get wrapped up in the business of basketball. Basketball is a full-time job, and due to the extreme pressure and expectations, people can lose sight of the rest of the world. It’s good to see that a prominent member of the NBA front office if above that.
Dave D’Allessandro of NJ.com reports on the story of Ryan Blake, director of scouting for the NBA. Blake has begun a 3,000 mile motorcycle ride (he’s a big hog boss) to travel to 11 venues in 14 days promoting Coaches versus Cancer and the American Cancer Society. Blake was inspired after losing a longtime friend to cancer and now is traveling the country on a Triumph sponsored trip which he’ll be narrating on Twitter (@hoopshighway).
In the light of… ahem, recent comments, it’s great to see this from a member of the NBA. Check out the story.
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 0
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 0
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 14
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 6
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 40