Nov 13, 2010, 7:32 PM EST
It’s easy to get wrapped up in the business of basketball. Basketball is a full-time job, and due to the extreme pressure and expectations, people can lose sight of the rest of the world. It’s good to see that a prominent member of the NBA front office if above that.
Dave D’Allessandro of NJ.com reports on the story of Ryan Blake, director of scouting for the NBA. Blake has begun a 3,000 mile motorcycle ride (he’s a big hog boss) to travel to 11 venues in 14 days promoting Coaches versus Cancer and the American Cancer Society. Blake was inspired after losing a longtime friend to cancer and now is traveling the country on a Triumph sponsored trip which he’ll be narrating on Twitter (@hoopshighway).
In the light of… ahem, recent comments, it’s great to see this from a member of the NBA. Check out the story.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 26
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7