Nov 13, 2010, 4:08 AM EDT
Not everyone watches basketball. I get that. Yet there are certain players — certain names, even — that are so big they transcend the fan population. Tim Duncan is one such player. Duncan is the best of his generation, a perfect marriage of efficient offense and stifling defense. He’s hit every statistical milestone one could reasonably expect of him, and led the Spurs to four NBA titles, including three in five years. He’s on Wheaties boxes, he’s at All-Star games, and generally speaking, he’s a spokesman for the game.
They don’t come much better or more significant than Tim Duncan. Even those that detest the Spurs’ meticulous style (shame on you) can admit that much.
All of that being said, why is it that Duncan couldn’t get any love when Alex Trebek finally clued up his name on Jeopardy?
Pitiful. Just pitiful. Carmelo Anthony? Really, guy?
Also: I know the Jeopardy “answer” describes Duncan as a center. That’s a conversation we’re not having. Point and laugh at the unenlightened and then call it a night.
Video via ShareBro Graydon Gordian.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 7
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4