Nov 13, 2010, 4:08 AM EDT
Not everyone watches basketball. I get that. Yet there are certain players — certain names, even — that are so big they transcend the fan population. Tim Duncan is one such player. Duncan is the best of his generation, a perfect marriage of efficient offense and stifling defense. He’s hit every statistical milestone one could reasonably expect of him, and led the Spurs to four NBA titles, including three in five years. He’s on Wheaties boxes, he’s at All-Star games, and generally speaking, he’s a spokesman for the game.
They don’t come much better or more significant than Tim Duncan. Even those that detest the Spurs’ meticulous style (shame on you) can admit that much.
All of that being said, why is it that Duncan couldn’t get any love when Alex Trebek finally clued up his name on Jeopardy?
Pitiful. Just pitiful. Carmelo Anthony? Really, guy?
Also: I know the Jeopardy “answer” describes Duncan as a center. That’s a conversation we’re not having. Point and laugh at the unenlightened and then call it a night.
Video via ShareBro Graydon Gordian.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 11
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 38
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 22
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 100
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27