Nov 13, 2010, 4:08 AM EDT
Not everyone watches basketball. I get that. Yet there are certain players — certain names, even — that are so big they transcend the fan population. Tim Duncan is one such player. Duncan is the best of his generation, a perfect marriage of efficient offense and stifling defense. He’s hit every statistical milestone one could reasonably expect of him, and led the Spurs to four NBA titles, including three in five years. He’s on Wheaties boxes, he’s at All-Star games, and generally speaking, he’s a spokesman for the game.
They don’t come much better or more significant than Tim Duncan. Even those that detest the Spurs’ meticulous style (shame on you) can admit that much.
All of that being said, why is it that Duncan couldn’t get any love when Alex Trebek finally clued up his name on Jeopardy?
Pitiful. Just pitiful. Carmelo Anthony? Really, guy?
Also: I know the Jeopardy “answer” describes Duncan as a center. That’s a conversation we’re not having. Point and laugh at the unenlightened and then call it a night.
Video via ShareBro Graydon Gordian.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 42
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 88
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 57
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59