Nov 13, 2010, 3:27 AM EST
The Detroit Pistons were in the visiting locker room at Staples Center, having just beaten the Clippers, when all of a sudden Tracy McGrath just let’s out a “day-am” that turns heads when he saw it on his phone, according to Eric Incus of HoopsWorld.
Rudy Gay was tweeting about it.
Even for other NBA players, Kevin Love’s 31 point, 31 rebound night is insane. You read that right, 31-31.
The last person to have a 30-30 night was Moses Malone 28 years ago. Love had 15 rebounds in the third quarter alone.
We’ve been preaching Love a lot here at PBT, but he has not gotten the love of coach Kurt Rambis, who has kept his minutes down in some games questioning his focus and defense. As we said before, that’s a great theory if you’re replacing him with a quality player, but Love is the best guy on the Minnesota roster. This is why you need to give him lots of run.
What Love did was help the Timberwolves pull a Jazz — they were down by 21 early in the third but came back to win their third game of the season.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 17
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6