Nov 13, 2010, 3:27 AM EDT
The Detroit Pistons were in the visiting locker room at Staples Center, having just beaten the Clippers, when all of a sudden Tracy McGrath just let’s out a “day-am” that turns heads when he saw it on his phone, according to Eric Incus of HoopsWorld.
Rudy Gay was tweeting about it.
Even for other NBA players, Kevin Love’s 31 point, 31 rebound night is insane. You read that right, 31-31.
The last person to have a 30-30 night was Moses Malone 28 years ago. Love had 15 rebounds in the third quarter alone.
We’ve been preaching Love a lot here at PBT, but he has not gotten the love of coach Kurt Rambis, who has kept his minutes down in some games questioning his focus and defense. As we said before, that’s a great theory if you’re replacing him with a quality player, but Love is the best guy on the Minnesota roster. This is why you need to give him lots of run.
What Love did was help the Timberwolves pull a Jazz — they were down by 21 early in the third but came back to win their third game of the season.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18