Nov 12, 2010, 6:59 PM EDT
It’s one of the more legendary locker room pranks, a move that crosses pretty much every line of decorum, which makes it especially gross or funny — or both — depending on how you view things. It was vintage Gilbert Arenas.
It’s a story Michael Lee told in the Washington Post in the wake of last year’s gun charges.
Arenas, a notorious practical joker, often crossed the line of acceptable decorum. The example often cited was how Arenas once defecated in teammate Andray Blatche’s shoe during Blatche’s rookie season. His behavior often went unchecked and unpunished, said a former team employee on condition of anonymity.
You read that right — Arenas took a… well, um, went number two in Blatche’s shoe.
So at the start of this season, there was a lot of talk about Arenas in the locker room, including by Arenas himself. He said this to Sports Illustrated:
“I understand what people think because of the perception of me,” says Arenas. “They read the funny stuff, like me taking a crap in [teammate] Andray Blatche’s shoes. But nobody is going to ask what Andray did to deserve it.
Well, all due respect to Kyle Weidie of the blog Truth About It — he asked Arenas what Blatche did. And what you see is the response.
And now, I’m going to go take a shower.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85