Nov 12, 2010, 6:59 PM EDT
It’s one of the more legendary locker room pranks, a move that crosses pretty much every line of decorum, which makes it especially gross or funny — or both — depending on how you view things. It was vintage Gilbert Arenas.
It’s a story Michael Lee told in the Washington Post in the wake of last year’s gun charges.
Arenas, a notorious practical joker, often crossed the line of acceptable decorum. The example often cited was how Arenas once defecated in teammate Andray Blatche’s shoe during Blatche’s rookie season. His behavior often went unchecked and unpunished, said a former team employee on condition of anonymity.
You read that right — Arenas took a… well, um, went number two in Blatche’s shoe.
So at the start of this season, there was a lot of talk about Arenas in the locker room, including by Arenas himself. He said this to Sports Illustrated:
“I understand what people think because of the perception of me,” says Arenas. “They read the funny stuff, like me taking a crap in [teammate] Andray Blatche’s shoes. But nobody is going to ask what Andray did to deserve it.
Well, all due respect to Kyle Weidie of the blog Truth About It — he asked Arenas what Blatche did. And what you see is the response.
And now, I’m going to go take a shower.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49