Nov 12, 2010, 4:54 AM EST
What you missed while figuring out that Goodfellas and My Blue Heaven were written about the same guy …
Boston asserted itself as the team to beat in the East because of its running game. Seriously. Find out more by reading about our game of the night.
Nuggets 118. Lakers 112: And the Lakers have a loss. Which leaves the New Orleans Hornets as the only undefeated team in the land. Just as we all predicted.
This was a pretty entertaining game mostly because nobody played any defense for three quarters. Well, that and Shannon Brown has wings. But while the Lakers had the lead most of the way, at times double digits, you had the feeling if someone just played defense they would win the thing.
That was Denver. They started pressuring Kobe more when he came off a screen, and pressing the ball handler more in general. They fronted Gasol in the post. The result was a string of bad decisions by the Lakers — lots of isolation, lots of turnovers, lots of three point attempts (LA was 9-29 from three for the game). Meanwhile Ty Lawson was brining a different energy to Denver.
You want the measuring stick for how the Lakers do late in a game? Watch how much Gasol gets the ball in the post. They totally went away from him late in this one, they do that all the time when they become unhinged.
Bulls 120, Warriors 90: Golden State was tired. Fourth game in five nights on the road, no David Lee. This was a game where the Bulls starters got out and ran, jumped out to a lead and the Warriors just rolled over. Call it a schedule makers win for the Bulls, doesn’t matter they all count the same.
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 0
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 1
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 17
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 11
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42