Nov 12, 2010, 4:54 AM EDT
What you missed while figuring out that Goodfellas and My Blue Heaven were written about the same guy …
Boston asserted itself as the team to beat in the East because of its running game. Seriously. Find out more by reading about our game of the night.
Nuggets 118. Lakers 112: And the Lakers have a loss. Which leaves the New Orleans Hornets as the only undefeated team in the land. Just as we all predicted.
This was a pretty entertaining game mostly because nobody played any defense for three quarters. Well, that and Shannon Brown has wings. But while the Lakers had the lead most of the way, at times double digits, you had the feeling if someone just played defense they would win the thing.
That was Denver. They started pressuring Kobe more when he came off a screen, and pressing the ball handler more in general. They fronted Gasol in the post. The result was a string of bad decisions by the Lakers — lots of isolation, lots of turnovers, lots of three point attempts (LA was 9-29 from three for the game). Meanwhile Ty Lawson was brining a different energy to Denver.
You want the measuring stick for how the Lakers do late in a game? Watch how much Gasol gets the ball in the post. They totally went away from him late in this one, they do that all the time when they become unhinged.
Bulls 120, Warriors 90: Golden State was tired. Fourth game in five nights on the road, no David Lee. This was a game where the Bulls starters got out and ran, jumped out to a lead and the Warriors just rolled over. Call it a schedule makers win for the Bulls, doesn’t matter they all count the same.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 0
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 12
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14