Nov 12, 2010, 5:13 PM EDT
Iverson was supposed to debut for Istanbul’s Besiktas in Turkey on Friday, bringing his unique brand of American isolation basketball to the backwards, ball-sharing Europeans. Enlightening them.
But not so fast, he’s not ready, according to the Associated Press.
Team manager Murat Murtezaoglu told The Associated Press the 11-time NBA All-Star “did not feel ready” to play Friday and instead watched from the stands as his new team beat Oyak Renault 87-81.
Murtezaoglu said he expects Iverson to make his debut at Besiktas’ European Cup home game against Hemofarm Stada on Tuesday.
Murtezaoglu needs to learn to be careful of expectations.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 0
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10