Nov 12, 2010, 5:13 PM EDT
Iverson was supposed to debut for Istanbul’s Besiktas in Turkey on Friday, bringing his unique brand of American isolation basketball to the backwards, ball-sharing Europeans. Enlightening them.
But not so fast, he’s not ready, according to the Associated Press.
Team manager Murat Murtezaoglu told The Associated Press the 11-time NBA All-Star “did not feel ready” to play Friday and instead watched from the stands as his new team beat Oyak Renault 87-81.
Murtezaoglu said he expects Iverson to make his debut at Besiktas’ European Cup home game against Hemofarm Stada on Tuesday.
Murtezaoglu needs to learn to be careful of expectations.
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 14
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 5
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 12
- Harden’s 17 fourth-quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 10
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 52