Nov 11, 2010, 7:38 PM EDT
Only with Yao Ming is the news he will be out a week greeted with a sigh of relief.
Yao rolled his ankle against the Wizards Wednesday night but tests on Thursday showed no structural damage, according to the Houston Chronicle. Yao will miss a week, but that is much better than was feared.
Brad Miller and Jordan Hill will see more minutes with Yao out.
Yao is on a 24-minute per game limit as he recovers from foot surgery that caused him to miss last season, and he has provided 10 points, 5 rebounds and a block a game in that time. It took some adjustment, but the Rockets offense has started to find a groove, and the team is eighth in the league in offensive efficiency. However, Yao’s big presence in the middle as not helped the defense, which is 28th in the league in efficiency and is the reason the team is 1-6 on the season.
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 0
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24