Nov 11, 2010, 7:38 PM EDT
Only with Yao Ming is the news he will be out a week greeted with a sigh of relief.
Yao rolled his ankle against the Wizards Wednesday night but tests on Thursday showed no structural damage, according to the Houston Chronicle. Yao will miss a week, but that is much better than was feared.
Brad Miller and Jordan Hill will see more minutes with Yao out.
Yao is on a 24-minute per game limit as he recovers from foot surgery that caused him to miss last season, and he has provided 10 points, 5 rebounds and a block a game in that time. It took some adjustment, but the Rockets offense has started to find a groove, and the team is eighth in the league in offensive efficiency. However, Yao’s big presence in the middle as not helped the defense, which is 28th in the league in efficiency and is the reason the team is 1-6 on the season.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 22
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 26
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4