Nov 11, 2010, 7:38 PM EDT
Only with Yao Ming is the news he will be out a week greeted with a sigh of relief.
Yao rolled his ankle against the Wizards Wednesday night but tests on Thursday showed no structural damage, according to the Houston Chronicle. Yao will miss a week, but that is much better than was feared.
Brad Miller and Jordan Hill will see more minutes with Yao out.
Yao is on a 24-minute per game limit as he recovers from foot surgery that caused him to miss last season, and he has provided 10 points, 5 rebounds and a block a game in that time. It took some adjustment, but the Rockets offense has started to find a groove, and the team is eighth in the league in offensive efficiency. However, Yao’s big presence in the middle as not helped the defense, which is 28th in the league in efficiency and is the reason the team is 1-6 on the season.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17