Nov 11, 2010, 7:38 PM EDT
Only with Yao Ming is the news he will be out a week greeted with a sigh of relief.
Yao rolled his ankle against the Wizards Wednesday night but tests on Thursday showed no structural damage, according to the Houston Chronicle. Yao will miss a week, but that is much better than was feared.
Brad Miller and Jordan Hill will see more minutes with Yao out.
Yao is on a 24-minute per game limit as he recovers from foot surgery that caused him to miss last season, and he has provided 10 points, 5 rebounds and a block a game in that time. It took some adjustment, but the Rockets offense has started to find a groove, and the team is eighth in the league in offensive efficiency. However, Yao’s big presence in the middle as not helped the defense, which is 28th in the league in efficiency and is the reason the team is 1-6 on the season.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 0
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61