Nov 11, 2010, 7:38 PM EDT
Only with Yao Ming is the news he will be out a week greeted with a sigh of relief.
Yao rolled his ankle against the Wizards Wednesday night but tests on Thursday showed no structural damage, according to the Houston Chronicle. Yao will miss a week, but that is much better than was feared.
Brad Miller and Jordan Hill will see more minutes with Yao out.
Yao is on a 24-minute per game limit as he recovers from foot surgery that caused him to miss last season, and he has provided 10 points, 5 rebounds and a block a game in that time. It took some adjustment, but the Rockets offense has started to find a groove, and the team is eighth in the league in offensive efficiency. However, Yao’s big presence in the middle as not helped the defense, which is 28th in the league in efficiency and is the reason the team is 1-6 on the season.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 66
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 15
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32