Nov 11, 2010, 1:16 PM EDT
“You know, if you’re not going to play him, we’ll take him off your hands…”
The Minnesota Timberwolves front office has gotten a few calls that essentially went like that, inquiring about the availability of Kevin Love in a trade, according to Ken Berger of CBS Sports.
All those inquiries “have been met with an icy response.” As they should be. Minnesota can’t move him.
What this shows is that other teams see real value in Love and see Kurt Rambis’ use of him as not showing that same value.
What I’d be interested in seeing more of — a Love/Anthony Tolliver pairing in the frontcourt. According to 82games.com, that pair is not part of Minnesota’s top 20 five-man unit rotations. (I could swear I’ve seen it a little, but apparently not much.) I’m not sure it would provide both the scoring and defense that Rambis wants, but at this point what has he got to lose?
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 0
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 0
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 35
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 23
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 15
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay