Nov 11, 2010, 2:40 PM EDT
Shaquille O’Neal went through morning shoot around with the Boston Celtics and Doc Rivers said after practice there is a “good chance” he will to play Thursday night in a marquee showdown against Miami.
Jermaine O’Neal did not go through anything with the team this morning. So while both O’Neals are listed as game time decisions, the smart money says Shaq is in and Jermaine is out.
Boston could use Shaq, who is recovering from a bruised knee. For the Celtics to win they will need points inside and a big man to protect the rim against Miami. Shaq did that in the season opener, the question is can he move well enough now to duplicate that success.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 31
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 14
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 27
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 15
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 23
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20