Nov 11, 2010, 2:40 PM EDT
Shaquille O’Neal went through morning shoot around with the Boston Celtics and Doc Rivers said after practice there is a “good chance” he will to play Thursday night in a marquee showdown against Miami.
Jermaine O’Neal did not go through anything with the team this morning. So while both O’Neals are listed as game time decisions, the smart money says Shaq is in and Jermaine is out.
Boston could use Shaq, who is recovering from a bruised knee. For the Celtics to win they will need points inside and a big man to protect the rim against Miami. Shaq did that in the season opener, the question is can he move well enough now to duplicate that success.
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 1
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 12
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 5
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 9
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (68)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final