Nov 11, 2010, 2:40 PM EST
Shaquille O’Neal went through morning shoot around with the Boston Celtics and Doc Rivers said after practice there is a “good chance” he will to play Thursday night in a marquee showdown against Miami.
Jermaine O’Neal did not go through anything with the team this morning. So while both O’Neals are listed as game time decisions, the smart money says Shaq is in and Jermaine is out.
Boston could use Shaq, who is recovering from a bruised knee. For the Celtics to win they will need points inside and a big man to protect the rim against Miami. Shaq did that in the season opener, the question is can he move well enough now to duplicate that success.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 7
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 41
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 10
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 8
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 15
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 29
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5