Nov 11, 2010, 11:50 AM EDT
No, the New Jersey Nets are not a D-League team. Stop it, that joke is not funny. Anymore.
But the Nets are going to own a D-League team, according to the Associated Press. The Nets are going to take over operations of the Springfield Armor, much in the same way the Rockets run the Rio Grande Valley Vipers (which is your reigning D-League champion, thank you very much).
For a team building with youth, this is a smart idea — connect with a place where you can really develop young players in your system at a reasonable price, and see who works out and who doesn’t.
The relationship will start next season.
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 26
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 38
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 61
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2