Nov 11, 2010, 11:50 AM EST
No, the New Jersey Nets are not a D-League team. Stop it, that joke is not funny. Anymore.
But the Nets are going to own a D-League team, according to the Associated Press. The Nets are going to take over operations of the Springfield Armor, much in the same way the Rockets run the Rio Grande Valley Vipers (which is your reigning D-League champion, thank you very much).
For a team building with youth, this is a smart idea — connect with a place where you can really develop young players in your system at a reasonable price, and see who works out and who doesn’t.
The relationship will start next season.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 4
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 7
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 13
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8