Nov 11, 2010, 11:50 AM EDT
No, the New Jersey Nets are not a D-League team. Stop it, that joke is not funny. Anymore.
But the Nets are going to own a D-League team, according to the Associated Press. The Nets are going to take over operations of the Springfield Armor, much in the same way the Rockets run the Rio Grande Valley Vipers (which is your reigning D-League champion, thank you very much).
For a team building with youth, this is a smart idea — connect with a place where you can really develop young players in your system at a reasonable price, and see who works out and who doesn’t.
The relationship will start next season.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 22
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 27
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16