Nov 11, 2010, 11:50 AM EDT
No, the New Jersey Nets are not a D-League team. Stop it, that joke is not funny. Anymore.
But the Nets are going to own a D-League team, according to the Associated Press. The Nets are going to take over operations of the Springfield Armor, much in the same way the Rockets run the Rio Grande Valley Vipers (which is your reigning D-League champion, thank you very much).
For a team building with youth, this is a smart idea — connect with a place where you can really develop young players in your system at a reasonable price, and see who works out and who doesn’t.
The relationship will start next season.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11