Nov 11, 2010, 11:50 AM EST
No, the New Jersey Nets are not a D-League team. Stop it, that joke is not funny. Anymore.
But the Nets are going to own a D-League team, according to the Associated Press. The Nets are going to take over operations of the Springfield Armor, much in the same way the Rockets run the Rio Grande Valley Vipers (which is your reigning D-League champion, thank you very much).
For a team building with youth, this is a smart idea — connect with a place where you can really develop young players in your system at a reasonable price, and see who works out and who doesn’t.
The relationship will start next season.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 8
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10