Nov 11, 2010, 4:42 PM EDT
The Minnesota Timberwolves have not gotten good production out of the point guard position this season. Now, to be fair, look at the numbers and you see they haven’t gotten good production at any position except the four (I’m tired of pimping Kevin Love in spots like this, so just pretend I did).
But unlike the other positions help is coming at the point guard.
Jonny Flynn should be back next Wednesday, when the Wolves host the Clippers, according to Scott Howard-Cooper at NBA.com. Flynn had offseason hip surgery but is just about done with rehab.
Flynn started 81 games for the Wolves last season and gave them 13.5 points per game. We can debate if he is a really good fit for the system or if he breaks out of the triangle too much (he an Michael Beasley should play together so they can just ignore the offense totally), but the fact is he is a solid point guard.
And right now, the Timberwolves can’t be turning away talent. They are dead last in the league in offensive efficiency, dead last in field goal percentage (any way you want to create it, traditional or advanced stats, they stink at scoring in all of them). Flynn can slash and create, and the Timberwolves need all the scoring and creating they can get.
Flynn likely will come off the bench behind Luke Ridnour. Well, he will once Ridnour gets healthy from his hamstring issues. Which likely will be about next Wednesday. So who knows, I’m not about to guess at Kurt Rambis’ rotations.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 11
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48