Nov 11, 2010, 4:42 PM EDT
The Minnesota Timberwolves have not gotten good production out of the point guard position this season. Now, to be fair, look at the numbers and you see they haven’t gotten good production at any position except the four (I’m tired of pimping Kevin Love in spots like this, so just pretend I did).
But unlike the other positions help is coming at the point guard.
Jonny Flynn should be back next Wednesday, when the Wolves host the Clippers, according to Scott Howard-Cooper at NBA.com. Flynn had offseason hip surgery but is just about done with rehab.
Flynn started 81 games for the Wolves last season and gave them 13.5 points per game. We can debate if he is a really good fit for the system or if he breaks out of the triangle too much (he an Michael Beasley should play together so they can just ignore the offense totally), but the fact is he is a solid point guard.
And right now, the Timberwolves can’t be turning away talent. They are dead last in the league in offensive efficiency, dead last in field goal percentage (any way you want to create it, traditional or advanced stats, they stink at scoring in all of them). Flynn can slash and create, and the Timberwolves need all the scoring and creating they can get.
Flynn likely will come off the bench behind Luke Ridnour. Well, he will once Ridnour gets healthy from his hamstring issues. Which likely will be about next Wednesday. So who knows, I’m not about to guess at Kurt Rambis’ rotations.
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 12
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 17
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 11
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 26
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful