Nov 11, 2010, 9:40 AM EDT
There was a time — old timers will tell you a better time, I’m not so convinced — when the players didn’t shake hands before the game, didn’t hang out together and workout together in the offseason, didn’t know or really like each other.
Joakim Noah is a bit of a throwback that way, as much as anyone can be. He has rivalries and they carry over off the court. For example, Noah’s feelings about Kevin Garnett carry over from the playoffs, and it will save him a stamp this Christmas, as reported at ESPNChicago.com:
“Kevin Garnett will not — will not — get a Christmas gift from me,” Noah said with a tinge of humor Wednesday on “The Waddle & Silvy Show” on ESPN 1000. “I don’t like him….”
“He’s a very mean guy,” Noah said Wednesday. “Where’s the love? None at all. Ugly, too….”
“I had his poster in my room,” Noah said. “I used to wear his jersey. And the truth is my rookie year, I was in admiration of this guy, and he kind of shut me down.
“And he was very mean to me my rookie year. And he’s only mean to the young guys and the [European players], for some reason. I don’t know why, but that’s who he doesn’t like. He’s not nice. I talk a lot of trash out there, but c’mon, be a little sensitive. Be sweet.”
He wants Kevin Garnett to be sweet? Maybe it’s a matter of Noah’s expectations being out of whack.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 1
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 26
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 16
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15