Nov 11, 2010, 9:40 AM EST
There was a time — old timers will tell you a better time, I’m not so convinced — when the players didn’t shake hands before the game, didn’t hang out together and workout together in the offseason, didn’t know or really like each other.
Joakim Noah is a bit of a throwback that way, as much as anyone can be. He has rivalries and they carry over off the court. For example, Noah’s feelings about Kevin Garnett carry over from the playoffs, and it will save him a stamp this Christmas, as reported at ESPNChicago.com:
“Kevin Garnett will not — will not — get a Christmas gift from me,” Noah said with a tinge of humor Wednesday on “The Waddle & Silvy Show” on ESPN 1000. “I don’t like him….”
“He’s a very mean guy,” Noah said Wednesday. “Where’s the love? None at all. Ugly, too….”
“I had his poster in my room,” Noah said. “I used to wear his jersey. And the truth is my rookie year, I was in admiration of this guy, and he kind of shut me down.
“And he was very mean to me my rookie year. And he’s only mean to the young guys and the [European players], for some reason. I don’t know why, but that’s who he doesn’t like. He’s not nice. I talk a lot of trash out there, but c’mon, be a little sensitive. Be sweet.”
He wants Kevin Garnett to be sweet? Maybe it’s a matter of Noah’s expectations being out of whack.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 0
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 4
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 21
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 38
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5