Nov 10, 2010, 11:59 PM EDT
Yao Ming played physical basketball, the only way he really knows how. And the results seemed sadly familiar, if not that serious
Yao played 6:14 of the first quarter — having a couple run ins with JaVale McGee of the Washington Wizards — and he left at that point with a tendon injury. The run ins were one time going for a rebound and once trying to draw a charge on McGee.
How serious the injury is and if Yao could miss time has yet to be determined. Yao missed all of last season with a foot injury, he has returned but with a strict limit on his allowed, and he is out allowed to play in both games of a double header.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 5
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 8
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4