Nov 10, 2010, 11:59 PM EDT
Yao Ming played physical basketball, the only way he really knows how. And the results seemed sadly familiar, if not that serious
Yao played 6:14 of the first quarter — having a couple run ins with JaVale McGee of the Washington Wizards — and he left at that point with a tendon injury. The run ins were one time going for a rebound and once trying to draw a charge on McGee.
How serious the injury is and if Yao could miss time has yet to be determined. Yao missed all of last season with a foot injury, he has returned but with a strict limit on his allowed, and he is out allowed to play in both games of a double header.
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (66)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'