Nov 10, 2010, 11:59 PM EST
Yao Ming played physical basketball, the only way he really knows how. And the results seemed sadly familiar, if not that serious
Yao played 6:14 of the first quarter — having a couple run ins with JaVale McGee of the Washington Wizards — and he left at that point with a tendon injury. The run ins were one time going for a rebound and once trying to draw a charge on McGee.
How serious the injury is and if Yao could miss time has yet to be determined. Yao missed all of last season with a foot injury, he has returned but with a strict limit on his allowed, and he is out allowed to play in both games of a double header.
- Where I call out Dan Patrick, Charles Barkley for sounding like old men asking, “When did basketball get so bad?” 1
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 9
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 10
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 3
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 5
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)