Nov 10, 2010, 11:59 PM EDT
Yao Ming played physical basketball, the only way he really knows how. And the results seemed sadly familiar, if not that serious
Yao played 6:14 of the first quarter — having a couple run ins with JaVale McGee of the Washington Wizards — and he left at that point with a tendon injury. The run ins were one time going for a rebound and once trying to draw a charge on McGee.
How serious the injury is and if Yao could miss time has yet to be determined. Yao missed all of last season with a foot injury, he has returned but with a strict limit on his allowed, and he is out allowed to play in both games of a double header.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37