Nov 10, 2010, 11:59 PM EDT
Yao Ming played physical basketball, the only way he really knows how. And the results seemed sadly familiar, if not that serious
Yao played 6:14 of the first quarter — having a couple run ins with JaVale McGee of the Washington Wizards — and he left at that point with a tendon injury. The run ins were one time going for a rebound and once trying to draw a charge on McGee.
How serious the injury is and if Yao could miss time has yet to be determined. Yao missed all of last season with a foot injury, he has returned but with a strict limit on his allowed, and he is out allowed to play in both games of a double header.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 26
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 15
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7