Nov 9, 2010, 5:10 PM EST
Yesterday we reported the rumor that the Hawks and Pistons were talking about a deal that would have sent Tayshaun Prince to Atlanta for Jamaal Crawford and Jeff Teague. We also said that trade itself didn’t make a lot of sense.
Now the Pistons have denied such talks, according to MLive.com.
Which is smart, those specific talks were bad.
But as we said in the original post, what is of note here is that the Pistons are considering such a move. How fast something like that would happen in the middle of an ownership sale remains to be seen, but they are talking.
The other half of that is that the Hawks were talking, that they realize they need to do something if they are to challenge Miami, Boston and Orlando in the East. The roster as is won’t get it done.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10