Nov 9, 2010, 5:10 PM EDT
Yesterday we reported the rumor that the Hawks and Pistons were talking about a deal that would have sent Tayshaun Prince to Atlanta for Jamaal Crawford and Jeff Teague. We also said that trade itself didn’t make a lot of sense.
Now the Pistons have denied such talks, according to MLive.com.
Which is smart, those specific talks were bad.
But as we said in the original post, what is of note here is that the Pistons are considering such a move. How fast something like that would happen in the middle of an ownership sale remains to be seen, but they are talking.
The other half of that is that the Hawks were talking, that they realize they need to do something if they are to challenge Miami, Boston and Orlando in the East. The roster as is won’t get it done.
- Warriors keep coming back, just not far enough, fall to Clippers in Game 3 0
- Memphis’ defense, discipline propel them past Thunder in overtime lead series 2-1 15
- Hawks take a 2-1 series lead over top-seeded Pacers 23
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 44
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 52