Nov 9, 2010, 5:10 PM EDT
Yesterday we reported the rumor that the Hawks and Pistons were talking about a deal that would have sent Tayshaun Prince to Atlanta for Jamaal Crawford and Jeff Teague. We also said that trade itself didn’t make a lot of sense.
Now the Pistons have denied such talks, according to MLive.com.
Which is smart, those specific talks were bad.
But as we said in the original post, what is of note here is that the Pistons are considering such a move. How fast something like that would happen in the middle of an ownership sale remains to be seen, but they are talking.
The other half of that is that the Hawks were talking, that they realize they need to do something if they are to challenge Miami, Boston and Orlando in the East. The roster as is won’t get it done.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 6
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 17
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29