Nov 9, 2010, 5:10 PM EDT
Yesterday we reported the rumor that the Hawks and Pistons were talking about a deal that would have sent Tayshaun Prince to Atlanta for Jamaal Crawford and Jeff Teague. We also said that trade itself didn’t make a lot of sense.
Now the Pistons have denied such talks, according to MLive.com.
Which is smart, those specific talks were bad.
But as we said in the original post, what is of note here is that the Pistons are considering such a move. How fast something like that would happen in the middle of an ownership sale remains to be seen, but they are talking.
The other half of that is that the Hawks were talking, that they realize they need to do something if they are to challenge Miami, Boston and Orlando in the East. The roster as is won’t get it done.
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 5
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 22
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 42
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 50