Nov 9, 2010, 3:14 PM EDT
UPDATE 3:14 pm: The reports are in from the specialist Ridnour saw and it is just a strained hamstring, nothing torn or more severely injured, according to a tweet from Jerry Zgoda of the Star Tribune.
Hamstrings can linger if not fully rested, which seems to be the case here. Ridnour is with the team and without Jonny Flynn they are thin at the point, but Ridnour may still get a few days off.
12:33 pm: Luke Ridnour is officially listed as having a strained hamstring and is questionable for the Wolves beating at the hands of the Lakers tonight. (Okay, we don’t know that will be the outcome, but it seems likely.)
We’ve been told Ridnour just has a tweak. But then in Los Angeles he missed practice to meet with a specialist on Monday. Which sounds more ominous. So what is going on here, Kurt Rambis? (As reported by the Star Tribune.)
“Obviously, his hamstring has been bothering him for a while,” Kurt Rambis said. “It has probably reached its peak. We’ve got to get it resolved. We’ve got to get him back healthy and not thinking about it.”
We’ll be watching to see what happens next with Ridnour, but specialists aren’t usually seen for tweaks.
In the short term, Sebastian Telfair will get the start against the Lakers and Wayne Ellington and Maurice Ager will come off the bench behind him. Yup, we’ll stick with beating to describe this one.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 3
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 13
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 12
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36