Nov 9, 2010, 3:14 PM EDT
UPDATE 3:14 pm: The reports are in from the specialist Ridnour saw and it is just a strained hamstring, nothing torn or more severely injured, according to a tweet from Jerry Zgoda of the Star Tribune.
Hamstrings can linger if not fully rested, which seems to be the case here. Ridnour is with the team and without Jonny Flynn they are thin at the point, but Ridnour may still get a few days off.
12:33 pm: Luke Ridnour is officially listed as having a strained hamstring and is questionable for the Wolves beating at the hands of the Lakers tonight. (Okay, we don’t know that will be the outcome, but it seems likely.)
We’ve been told Ridnour just has a tweak. But then in Los Angeles he missed practice to meet with a specialist on Monday. Which sounds more ominous. So what is going on here, Kurt Rambis? (As reported by the Star Tribune.)
“Obviously, his hamstring has been bothering him for a while,” Kurt Rambis said. “It has probably reached its peak. We’ve got to get it resolved. We’ve got to get him back healthy and not thinking about it.”
We’ll be watching to see what happens next with Ridnour, but specialists aren’t usually seen for tweaks.
In the short term, Sebastian Telfair will get the start against the Lakers and Wayne Ellington and Maurice Ager will come off the bench behind him. Yup, we’ll stick with beating to describe this one.
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 36
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 62
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 33
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 76