Nov 9, 2010, 3:14 PM EDT
UPDATE 3:14 pm: The reports are in from the specialist Ridnour saw and it is just a strained hamstring, nothing torn or more severely injured, according to a tweet from Jerry Zgoda of the Star Tribune.
Hamstrings can linger if not fully rested, which seems to be the case here. Ridnour is with the team and without Jonny Flynn they are thin at the point, but Ridnour may still get a few days off.
12:33 pm: Luke Ridnour is officially listed as having a strained hamstring and is questionable for the Wolves beating at the hands of the Lakers tonight. (Okay, we don’t know that will be the outcome, but it seems likely.)
We’ve been told Ridnour just has a tweak. But then in Los Angeles he missed practice to meet with a specialist on Monday. Which sounds more ominous. So what is going on here, Kurt Rambis? (As reported by the Star Tribune.)
“Obviously, his hamstring has been bothering him for a while,” Kurt Rambis said. “It has probably reached its peak. We’ve got to get it resolved. We’ve got to get him back healthy and not thinking about it.”
We’ll be watching to see what happens next with Ridnour, but specialists aren’t usually seen for tweaks.
In the short term, Sebastian Telfair will get the start against the Lakers and Wayne Ellington and Maurice Ager will come off the bench behind him. Yup, we’ll stick with beating to describe this one.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38