Nov 9, 2010, 3:14 PM EST
UPDATE 3:14 pm: The reports are in from the specialist Ridnour saw and it is just a strained hamstring, nothing torn or more severely injured, according to a tweet from Jerry Zgoda of the Star Tribune.
Hamstrings can linger if not fully rested, which seems to be the case here. Ridnour is with the team and without Jonny Flynn they are thin at the point, but Ridnour may still get a few days off.
12:33 pm: Luke Ridnour is officially listed as having a strained hamstring and is questionable for the Wolves beating at the hands of the Lakers tonight. (Okay, we don’t know that will be the outcome, but it seems likely.)
We’ve been told Ridnour just has a tweak. But then in Los Angeles he missed practice to meet with a specialist on Monday. Which sounds more ominous. So what is going on here, Kurt Rambis? (As reported by the Star Tribune.)
“Obviously, his hamstring has been bothering him for a while,” Kurt Rambis said. “It has probably reached its peak. We’ve got to get it resolved. We’ve got to get him back healthy and not thinking about it.”
We’ll be watching to see what happens next with Ridnour, but specialists aren’t usually seen for tweaks.
In the short term, Sebastian Telfair will get the start against the Lakers and Wayne Ellington and Maurice Ager will come off the bench behind him. Yup, we’ll stick with beating to describe this one.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 0
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 10
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 16
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 49
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11