Nov 9, 2010, 11:52 PM EST
Clippers center rolled his left ankle in the first quarter of the Clippers loss to the New Orleans Hornets Tuesday and had to leave the game. He made a hard plant and it just gave way and rolled He did not return.
Kaman underwent X-rays, which showed no structural damage, but the Clippers are saying it will be two to three weeks before he returns.
Kaman had been giving the Clippers 12.7 points and 8.6 rebounds per game this season. That is six points a game off his last season’s pace primarily because his shooting percentage has fallen fro 49 percent last year to 36.4 percent this season. His PER was an above average 16.5 this season and had fallen way off to 10.9 this season. He seems to still be figuring out how to play next to Blake Griffin.
The very athletic DeAndre Jordan, who has looked good but in limited minutes this season, will get a much bigger role the next few weeks at the five the Clippers.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9