Nov 9, 2010, 11:52 PM EDT
Clippers center rolled his left ankle in the first quarter of the Clippers loss to the New Orleans Hornets Tuesday and had to leave the game. He made a hard plant and it just gave way and rolled He did not return.
Kaman underwent X-rays, which showed no structural damage, but the Clippers are saying it will be two to three weeks before he returns.
Kaman had been giving the Clippers 12.7 points and 8.6 rebounds per game this season. That is six points a game off his last season’s pace primarily because his shooting percentage has fallen fro 49 percent last year to 36.4 percent this season. His PER was an above average 16.5 this season and had fallen way off to 10.9 this season. He seems to still be figuring out how to play next to Blake Griffin.
The very athletic DeAndre Jordan, who has looked good but in limited minutes this season, will get a much bigger role the next few weeks at the five the Clippers.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 15
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 44
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 53
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11