Nov 9, 2010, 11:52 PM EDT
Clippers center rolled his left ankle in the first quarter of the Clippers loss to the New Orleans Hornets Tuesday and had to leave the game. He made a hard plant and it just gave way and rolled He did not return.
Kaman underwent X-rays, which showed no structural damage, but the Clippers are saying it will be two to three weeks before he returns.
Kaman had been giving the Clippers 12.7 points and 8.6 rebounds per game this season. That is six points a game off his last season’s pace primarily because his shooting percentage has fallen fro 49 percent last year to 36.4 percent this season. His PER was an above average 16.5 this season and had fallen way off to 10.9 this season. He seems to still be figuring out how to play next to Blake Griffin.
The very athletic DeAndre Jordan, who has looked good but in limited minutes this season, will get a much bigger role the next few weeks at the five the Clippers.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 1
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 13
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 39
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 22
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29