Nov 9, 2010, 11:52 PM EDT
Clippers center rolled his left ankle in the first quarter of the Clippers loss to the New Orleans Hornets Tuesday and had to leave the game. He made a hard plant and it just gave way and rolled He did not return.
Kaman underwent X-rays, which showed no structural damage, but the Clippers are saying it will be two to three weeks before he returns.
Kaman had been giving the Clippers 12.7 points and 8.6 rebounds per game this season. That is six points a game off his last season’s pace primarily because his shooting percentage has fallen fro 49 percent last year to 36.4 percent this season. His PER was an above average 16.5 this season and had fallen way off to 10.9 this season. He seems to still be figuring out how to play next to Blake Griffin.
The very athletic DeAndre Jordan, who has looked good but in limited minutes this season, will get a much bigger role the next few weeks at the five the Clippers.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron his shots despite good Celtics defense 0
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 15
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 26
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 39
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 65