Nov 9, 2010, 11:52 PM EDT
Clippers center rolled his left ankle in the first quarter of the Clippers loss to the New Orleans Hornets Tuesday and had to leave the game. He made a hard plant and it just gave way and rolled He did not return.
Kaman underwent X-rays, which showed no structural damage, but the Clippers are saying it will be two to three weeks before he returns.
Kaman had been giving the Clippers 12.7 points and 8.6 rebounds per game this season. That is six points a game off his last season’s pace primarily because his shooting percentage has fallen fro 49 percent last year to 36.4 percent this season. His PER was an above average 16.5 this season and had fallen way off to 10.9 this season. He seems to still be figuring out how to play next to Blake Griffin.
The very athletic DeAndre Jordan, who has looked good but in limited minutes this season, will get a much bigger role the next few weeks at the five the Clippers.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 15
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13