Nov 9, 2010, 8:15 AM EDT
Hedo Turkoglu did not look comfortable once again at the four in Monday night’s Suns loss to the Grizzlies.
Three quick fouls trying to defend the bigger Zach Randolph sent him to the bench — which was a good thing, because then Hakim Warrick came in and played better at both ends. Warrick ended up with 16 points on 5 of 6 shooting. As has been the pattern, the Suns look better with him in.
“He’s never played like that so we’ve got to give him a little bit of a break as he tries to adjust and figure out how he can help our team.”
That’s well and good, but how much time do you give him when someone is doing the job better off the bench? Who is a better pick setter/roll man for Nash? If the goal is to win games — and I’m pretty sure it is — Turkoglu starting makes little sense.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 0
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 2
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 6
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 13
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 4
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games