Nov 8, 2010, 8:18 AM EDT
Jermaine O’Neal played 21 minutes for the Celtics in their win over the Thunder. He pulled down nine boards but shot just 1-for-5.
He has not moved well this season and admitted to Sherrod Blakely of Comcast Sports New England that he had a “minor procedure” done on his sore left knee. During the season. Which is not good.
“It’s just one of those situations, you’re going to be banged up,” O’Neal said. Even after the procedure, O’Neal said the knee is still in a lot of pain. ”That’s why I’m looking forward to just making it through this next game,” O’Neal told CSNNE.com. “After Dallas, we got a few days in between before we play Miami (on Thursday). That’ll do my knee a lot of good.”
Boston remains without Shaquille O’Neal (bruised knee), who along with Jermaine was expected to provide depth along the front line while Kendrick Perkins recovers from offseason surgery (think after the new year). It is possible the Celtics would be without all three Monday night, although Shaq is expected back later in the week and Jermaine sounded like he could go if needed.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3