Nov 8, 2010, 8:18 AM EST
Jermaine O’Neal played 21 minutes for the Celtics in their win over the Thunder. He pulled down nine boards but shot just 1-for-5.
He has not moved well this season and admitted to Sherrod Blakely of Comcast Sports New England that he had a “minor procedure” done on his sore left knee. During the season. Which is not good.
“It’s just one of those situations, you’re going to be banged up,” O’Neal said. Even after the procedure, O’Neal said the knee is still in a lot of pain. ”That’s why I’m looking forward to just making it through this next game,” O’Neal told CSNNE.com. “After Dallas, we got a few days in between before we play Miami (on Thursday). That’ll do my knee a lot of good.”
Boston remains without Shaquille O’Neal (bruised knee), who along with Jermaine was expected to provide depth along the front line while Kendrick Perkins recovers from offseason surgery (think after the new year). It is possible the Celtics would be without all three Monday night, although Shaq is expected back later in the week and Jermaine sounded like he could go if needed.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 14
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 7
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16