Nov 8, 2010, 8:18 AM EDT
Jermaine O’Neal played 21 minutes for the Celtics in their win over the Thunder. He pulled down nine boards but shot just 1-for-5.
He has not moved well this season and admitted to Sherrod Blakely of Comcast Sports New England that he had a “minor procedure” done on his sore left knee. During the season. Which is not good.
“It’s just one of those situations, you’re going to be banged up,” O’Neal said. Even after the procedure, O’Neal said the knee is still in a lot of pain. ”That’s why I’m looking forward to just making it through this next game,” O’Neal told CSNNE.com. “After Dallas, we got a few days in between before we play Miami (on Thursday). That’ll do my knee a lot of good.”
Boston remains without Shaquille O’Neal (bruised knee), who along with Jermaine was expected to provide depth along the front line while Kendrick Perkins recovers from offseason surgery (think after the new year). It is possible the Celtics would be without all three Monday night, although Shaq is expected back later in the week and Jermaine sounded like he could go if needed.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 16
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10