Nov 8, 2010, 8:18 AM EDT
Jermaine O’Neal played 21 minutes for the Celtics in their win over the Thunder. He pulled down nine boards but shot just 1-for-5.
He has not moved well this season and admitted to Sherrod Blakely of Comcast Sports New England that he had a “minor procedure” done on his sore left knee. During the season. Which is not good.
“It’s just one of those situations, you’re going to be banged up,” O’Neal said. Even after the procedure, O’Neal said the knee is still in a lot of pain. ”That’s why I’m looking forward to just making it through this next game,” O’Neal told CSNNE.com. “After Dallas, we got a few days in between before we play Miami (on Thursday). That’ll do my knee a lot of good.”
Boston remains without Shaquille O’Neal (bruised knee), who along with Jermaine was expected to provide depth along the front line while Kendrick Perkins recovers from offseason surgery (think after the new year). It is possible the Celtics would be without all three Monday night, although Shaq is expected back later in the week and Jermaine sounded like he could go if needed.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8