Nov 8, 2010, 8:18 AM EST
Jermaine O’Neal played 21 minutes for the Celtics in their win over the Thunder. He pulled down nine boards but shot just 1-for-5.
He has not moved well this season and admitted to Sherrod Blakely of Comcast Sports New England that he had a “minor procedure” done on his sore left knee. During the season. Which is not good.
“It’s just one of those situations, you’re going to be banged up,” O’Neal said. Even after the procedure, O’Neal said the knee is still in a lot of pain. ”That’s why I’m looking forward to just making it through this next game,” O’Neal told CSNNE.com. “After Dallas, we got a few days in between before we play Miami (on Thursday). That’ll do my knee a lot of good.”
Boston remains without Shaquille O’Neal (bruised knee), who along with Jermaine was expected to provide depth along the front line while Kendrick Perkins recovers from offseason surgery (think after the new year). It is possible the Celtics would be without all three Monday night, although Shaq is expected back later in the week and Jermaine sounded like he could go if needed.
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 0
- DeMarcus Cousins wins. 7
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 9
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 21
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 6
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 4
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 24
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10