Nov 8, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
The Nuggets are playing well — they are right in the mix on the second tier in the west with the Hornets and Spurs. They are 4-2, that with Chauncey Billups struggling with his shot and basically the entire front line injured.
So how does that affect Carmelo Anthony’s desire to leave? Hard to say, but he sounds pretty content in comments to reporters today, as reported by the Denver Post.
Could Anthony see himself staying with the organization?
“Sure, why not, I don’t see why not,” Anthony said…
“I want the team to do well, that’s why I go out there and do what I do – get everybody on the same page so we can win games,” he said. “I think my attitude would be totally different if I was here and we were 0-6 right now. Probably – but I can’t really speak on that, because we’re not. I’m in a good state right now.”
This is really no different than his public statements before about keeping his options open. It is through back channels that Anthony and his people have pushed, saying that he would not re-sign in Denver and asking for a trade. That is where the pressure remains.
On the record today, Anthony danced around the Chicago free agency question, saying that Chicago was a “top three” city but not saying he has thought about playing there. However, Chicago is on his list of places he told the Nuggets he wants to go.
That said, he is comfortable in Denver right now. Don’t mistake that for him staying, but that means the Nuggets will continue to be good so long as he remains in the powder blue uniform.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4