Nov 8, 2010, 11:11 AM EST
We promise we will not be bringing you wall-to-wall coverage of Allen Iverson in Turkey. Even though when the European Turkish fans watch him jack up contested 15 footers ignoring the open guy beyond the arc, we want to see their faces.
However, we do bring you this: The American basketball icon has landed in the land of his new team and the photos from the airport — like the one on the right — are classic. Too good to ignore. The Washington Post’s Michael Lee said it best on twitter:
Man, those photos of Allen Iverson arriving in Turkey look like he’s been taken hostage.
Iverson’s arrival in Turkey was delayed after he missed his first flight over. Read into that whatever you wish. Iverson signed a two-year, $4 million deal with Besiktas Cola Turkey of Istanbul.
I’d say this is the last of us taking about Iverson in Turkey, but if everything is as eye-catching as these photos we’ll bring you more.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16