Nov 8, 2010, 11:11 AM EDT
We promise we will not be bringing you wall-to-wall coverage of Allen Iverson in Turkey. Even though when the European Turkish fans watch him jack up contested 15 footers ignoring the open guy beyond the arc, we want to see their faces.
However, we do bring you this: The American basketball icon has landed in the land of his new team and the photos from the airport — like the one on the right — are classic. Too good to ignore. The Washington Post’s Michael Lee said it best on twitter:
Man, those photos of Allen Iverson arriving in Turkey look like he’s been taken hostage.
Iverson’s arrival in Turkey was delayed after he missed his first flight over. Read into that whatever you wish. Iverson signed a two-year, $4 million deal with Besiktas Cola Turkey of Istanbul.
I’d say this is the last of us taking about Iverson in Turkey, but if everything is as eye-catching as these photos we’ll bring you more.
- George Hill cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks 1
- Mike Krzyzewski might coach USA Basketball in 2016 Olympics 0
- Report: Bobcats changing name back to Hornets 25
- Dwyane Wade grants wish, shows up at girl’s senior prom 20
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 60
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay