Nov 7, 2010, 11:47 AM EDT
There are a bunch of ways to take this one. Scary, funny, bizarre, and the story is all three. So we’re going to try and tread those three lines, carefully.
Let’s say you’re a murder suspect. In fact, you’re on video in a confrontation with a man who was shot twice in the back in the head and three times in the back after said confrontation. It’s probably time to lay low for a while, to get out of sight, and avoid people for a while.
Naturally, you go to a Charlotte Bobcats game. From the Charlotte Observer:
Members of Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police’s Violent Criminal Apprehension Team arrested 24-year-old Earl Barranco during the game, according to WCNC-TV, the Observer’s news partner.
Undercover officers took down Barranco in one of the VIP areas of the arena before 8 p.m., but police didn’t have more details on the arrest Sunday morning.
Barranco was apparently in the VIP section for the game, and was arrested before 8 p.m.. The game started at 7 p.m. All jokes aside, and I have about a million of them (“Of course he thought there’d be no one there.” “Maybe he assumed police would be distracted by Stephen Jackson.” etc.) but the fact is that this is pretty scary. It’s a very public place with kids and families and mascots. That the apprehension occurred at TWC arena may have been necessary, but it also doesn’t make the situation any less scary.
Turns out Vince Carter’s hip-flexor injury (we’ll get there in a minute) wasn’t the weirdest thing to happen last night.
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 3
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 14
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 12
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 9