Nov 7, 2010, 1:00 PM EST
I imagine having Stan Van Gundy yell a you must be one of the most uncomfortable situations you can find yourself in. The high-pitched, hoarse wail, the effusive finger-pointing, the incredulous glare, all of it must be pretty unpleasant to deal with after a long night. To that end, let’s hope the operations crew at last night’s Magic-Bobcats game at Time Warner Cable Arena were able to slip out the back door before SVG got a hold of them. Because he’s not a happy camper.
In last night’s victory over the Bobcats, Vince Carter slipped on a wet spot and hurt himself pretty badly. Watch.
Guhh. Nightmare fuel. Carter was diagnosed with a hip flexor, he’ll be day to day. Usually we tend to roll our eyes when Vince Carter gets hurt at this point, but that’s a pretty nasty fall, and he just slipped on the floor. That wasn’t his tender body giving out, that was a slippery spot on the floor that should have been cleaned by the crew. Oh, and if there was any confusion on that point? Stan Van Gundy is more than happy to help make sure the point is made loud and clear. From the Orlando Sentinel:
Stan Van Gundy, who was ranting and ripping the guys who push the mops around the court.
He walked onto the floor late in the fourth period, yelling toward the Bobcats’ bench. Van Gundy received a technical foul, a dicey decision considering the Magic led by only four points after D.J. Augustin hit the free throw Charlotte was awarded.
Van Gundy said Vince Carter injured himself after slipping on a wet spot. Carter hobbled off after falling with one minute and 45 seconds left and did not return. He said he has a sore hip and knee.
“We got a guy hurt simply because they wouldn’t dry a damn wet spot,” said Van Gundy, who added that a Bobcat player slipped in the spot earlier. “When a player goes down they’re supposed to do it. They didn’t care. That’s ridiculous. I’m just ticked off.”
Sometimes, for the benefit of us all, refs shouldn’t T guys up. Because SVG getting into Larry Brown’s face over a failed mop-up would have been stuff for the ages.
Carter, however, gets the absolute biggest win ever here for his post-game quote:
“I don’t know what happened. It’s unbelievable. But I’m young. I heal fast.”
Now that’s TBS. (As in “Very funny.”)
What really is too bad though is one of the poor mop kids is kicking himself this morning because he hurt Vince Carter. Unless… the kid was from Toronto! Dunh-dunh-dunh!
(The kid was not from Toronto.)
Carter is day-to-day.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 4
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 11
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 19
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 54
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11