Nov 6, 2010, 10:07 AM EDT
What’s the easiest way to move a declining point guard with three years and $41.65 million remaining on his contract who’s out with a knee injury? Talk about him publicly as being out of shape to the point of not playing him! That’s how! Or at least, that’s the Clipper way.
Yahoo! Sports reports that the Clippers are looking into what kind of offers they can receive for Baron Davis. This after Vinny Del Negro criticized Davis’ conditioning earlier this week as Baron arrived for the start of the season in his usual chunky state. Note for future reference: if you want to move someone who is difficult to move, convincing teams he’s also (still) lazy is probably not the best approach.
So who’d be looking to move for Davis? Your best chance is to try and get in on a three-way deal, possibly something involving Carmelo Anthony going elsewhere, in return for bad contracts that you can swallow. No one is desperate enough for Baron Davis right now at point guard besides Miami, and they’d have to move one of the Triad to acquire him. Somehow I don’t see that happening.
The careers of Elton Brand and Baron Davis are so bizarrely similar. Were at their peak with fanbases who loved them, decided to go elsewhere, and things fell apart. You have to wonder how things would have worked out if they’d just stayed home two years ago.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 5
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 10
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 1
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 20
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 97
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27