Nov 6, 2010, 10:07 AM EDT
What’s the easiest way to move a declining point guard with three years and $41.65 million remaining on his contract who’s out with a knee injury? Talk about him publicly as being out of shape to the point of not playing him! That’s how! Or at least, that’s the Clipper way.
Yahoo! Sports reports that the Clippers are looking into what kind of offers they can receive for Baron Davis. This after Vinny Del Negro criticized Davis’ conditioning earlier this week as Baron arrived for the start of the season in his usual chunky state. Note for future reference: if you want to move someone who is difficult to move, convincing teams he’s also (still) lazy is probably not the best approach.
So who’d be looking to move for Davis? Your best chance is to try and get in on a three-way deal, possibly something involving Carmelo Anthony going elsewhere, in return for bad contracts that you can swallow. No one is desperate enough for Baron Davis right now at point guard besides Miami, and they’d have to move one of the Triad to acquire him. Somehow I don’t see that happening.
The careers of Elton Brand and Baron Davis are so bizarrely similar. Were at their peak with fanbases who loved them, decided to go elsewhere, and things fell apart. You have to wonder how things would have worked out if they’d just stayed home two years ago.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48