Nov 6, 2010, 10:07 AM EST
What’s the easiest way to move a declining point guard with three years and $41.65 million remaining on his contract who’s out with a knee injury? Talk about him publicly as being out of shape to the point of not playing him! That’s how! Or at least, that’s the Clipper way.
Yahoo! Sports reports that the Clippers are looking into what kind of offers they can receive for Baron Davis. This after Vinny Del Negro criticized Davis’ conditioning earlier this week as Baron arrived for the start of the season in his usual chunky state. Note for future reference: if you want to move someone who is difficult to move, convincing teams he’s also (still) lazy is probably not the best approach.
So who’d be looking to move for Davis? Your best chance is to try and get in on a three-way deal, possibly something involving Carmelo Anthony going elsewhere, in return for bad contracts that you can swallow. No one is desperate enough for Baron Davis right now at point guard besides Miami, and they’d have to move one of the Triad to acquire him. Somehow I don’t see that happening.
The careers of Elton Brand and Baron Davis are so bizarrely similar. Were at their peak with fanbases who loved them, decided to go elsewhere, and things fell apart. You have to wonder how things would have worked out if they’d just stayed home two years ago.
- Mike D’Antoni: Chances “pretty good” Kobe plays Sunday… he sold that short 4
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 16
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 17
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)