Nov 6, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
So the Pistons won last night, which is a big deal for them, since it’s their first. I remember my first time. Wait, that’s not what we’re talking about. Anyway, they got off the early season snide against the Bobcats (of course) last night. The problem is they’re still 1 and 5 and have had quite a few chemistry issues in the last week. There were a lot of people wondering if the Pistons were about to make a change at the head coach with the way they’ve started out. Apparently, though, that’s not the case.
A Pistons source close to the situation said Friday evening that there is “absolutely no chance” that Kuester will be fired despite turmoil this week between Kuester and his players as well as the team’s poor start.
Okay, didn’t see that coming. If the report’s on target, it speaks to Joe Dumars’ patience and rational approach that he’s not overreacting to the way the Pistons have come out of the gate. I would have. Especially considering Tayshaun Prince is firing back at him about leadership while Rodney Stuckey keeps getting benched.
But even if Kuester’s seat is still chilly now, there’s no guarantee it will stay that way unless things start turning soon. The biggest problem is that, on the surface, the best thing for this team would be a trade to mix up the chemistry and get a better set of assets on the floor.
Either that or a time machine to go back and save the money spent on free agents in the summer of 2009.
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 0
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13
- PBT Extra: Thin bench becomes big issue for Clippers against Spurs 7