Nov 6, 2010, 1:04 PM EDT
Greg Oden. Joel Przybilla. Jeff Pendergraph. Fabricio Oberto. The list of Portland bigs on the shelf just gets bigger by the day. And now, they’ll add another player and hope he doesn’t go down inside of a month.
CBSSports.com reports that the Blazers will sign Sean Marks to a non-guaranteed contract for the veteran minimum this week, after Fabricio Oberto was forced to retire due to his heart condition. Marks has not exactly ever lit it up, but he plays hard and knows what he’s doing on the floor. And at this point, the Blazers can’t really be particular about who they acquire. Can you get medically cleared to play? Then you are a big step up for the Blazers.
If I”m Marks, I want the money, but I”m also talking with my insurance agent. Singing the “All-State” song or something (“Can I get a hot tub?!”). Because there has been some bad mojo going on with the Blazers bigs over the past, oh, thirty years, and it’s hard to bet on bucking the trend. Marks’ contract is unguaranteed, so he probably won’t e around long once Oden/Przybilla get back on the floor.
- Hawks unimpressive, but pull away late for Game 2 win over Wizards 0
- Mike Conley playing Game 2 against Warriors tonight 0
- John Wall out for Wizards-Hawks Game 2 tonight 3
- PBT Extra: Will Doc Rivers sit Chris Paul in Game 2? 0
- Tony Allen on MVP Stephen Curry: “It ain’t nothing I ain’t never seen before” 21
- PBT Extra: Grizzlies searching for answers, Mike Conley in Game 2 1
- PBT Extra: Hawks need to lean on starters more, hit open looks in Game 2 0
- CP3 who? Clippers come from behind to take Game 1 from Rockets on road. 23