Nov 5, 2010, 5:55 PM EDT
Somewhere between Nike Basketball’s fantastic LeBron James “Rise” spot and Reebok’s mind-numbingly awful John Wall/Zigtech campaign is this commercial from Jordan Brand and Carmelo Anthony:
I’m not sure I quite understand how the current slogan, “DO WHATEVER IT TAKES,” ties in (I guess it’s because in this game, Melo has to literally do everything?), but I can appreciate the execution in spite of that.
Also, the variety of Carmelo’s on-court accessories is downright imprsesive.
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 5
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 7
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 10
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 37
- Dwight Howard says he wants to move on from Kobe, Lakers. Actions show feud going strong. 45
- NBA Opening Night Winners/Losers: Big nights for The Beard and The Brow 27
- Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard have little dust up; Kobe calls Howard “soft” (VIDEO) 61