Nov 5, 2010, 5:55 PM EDT
Somewhere between Nike Basketball’s fantastic LeBron James “Rise” spot and Reebok’s mind-numbingly awful John Wall/Zigtech campaign is this commercial from Jordan Brand and Carmelo Anthony:
I’m not sure I quite understand how the current slogan, “DO WHATEVER IT TAKES,” ties in (I guess it’s because in this game, Melo has to literally do everything?), but I can appreciate the execution in spite of that.
Also, the variety of Carmelo’s on-court accessories is downright imprsesive.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 18
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10