Nov 5, 2010, 5:55 PM EDT
Somewhere between Nike Basketball’s fantastic LeBron James “Rise” spot and Reebok’s mind-numbingly awful John Wall/Zigtech campaign is this commercial from Jordan Brand and Carmelo Anthony:
I’m not sure I quite understand how the current slogan, “DO WHATEVER IT TAKES,” ties in (I guess it’s because in this game, Melo has to literally do everything?), but I can appreciate the execution in spite of that.
Also, the variety of Carmelo’s on-court accessories is downright imprsesive.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29