Nov 5, 2010, 5:55 PM EDT
Somewhere between Nike Basketball’s fantastic LeBron James “Rise” spot and Reebok’s mind-numbingly awful John Wall/Zigtech campaign is this commercial from Jordan Brand and Carmelo Anthony:
I’m not sure I quite understand how the current slogan, “DO WHATEVER IT TAKES,” ties in (I guess it’s because in this game, Melo has to literally do everything?), but I can appreciate the execution in spite of that.
Also, the variety of Carmelo’s on-court accessories is downright imprsesive.
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 0
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 15
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 3
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8