Nov 5, 2010, 5:42 PM EST
The San Antonio Spurs announced that they have decided to release forward Bobby Simmons and sign point guard Chris Quinn.
The 30-year old Simmons, who shot 35.9% from the field in New Jersey last season, had only appeared in two games for the Spurs. The 27-year old Quinn, who shot 35.7% from the field in New Jersey last season, will give the Spurs some backcourt depth.
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 9
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 24
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 4
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 6
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 11