Nov 5, 2010, 5:42 PM EDT
The San Antonio Spurs announced that they have decided to release forward Bobby Simmons and sign point guard Chris Quinn.
The 30-year old Simmons, who shot 35.9% from the field in New Jersey last season, had only appeared in two games for the Spurs. The 27-year old Quinn, who shot 35.7% from the field in New Jersey last season, will give the Spurs some backcourt depth.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4