Nov 5, 2010, 5:42 PM EST
The San Antonio Spurs announced that they have decided to release forward Bobby Simmons and sign point guard Chris Quinn.
The 30-year old Simmons, who shot 35.9% from the field in New Jersey last season, had only appeared in two games for the Spurs. The 27-year old Quinn, who shot 35.7% from the field in New Jersey last season, will give the Spurs some backcourt depth.
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 6
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 9
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 11
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 26
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 30
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9