Nov 5, 2010, 5:42 PM EST
The San Antonio Spurs announced that they have decided to release forward Bobby Simmons and sign point guard Chris Quinn.
The 30-year old Simmons, who shot 35.9% from the field in New Jersey last season, had only appeared in two games for the Spurs. The 27-year old Quinn, who shot 35.7% from the field in New Jersey last season, will give the Spurs some backcourt depth.
- Report: JaVale McGee close to signing with Celtics 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 9
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 12
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18