Nov 5, 2010, 5:42 PM EDT
The San Antonio Spurs announced that they have decided to release forward Bobby Simmons and sign point guard Chris Quinn.
The 30-year old Simmons, who shot 35.9% from the field in New Jersey last season, had only appeared in two games for the Spurs. The 27-year old Quinn, who shot 35.7% from the field in New Jersey last season, will give the Spurs some backcourt depth.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 8
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 13
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34