Nov 5, 2010, 8:17 AM EST
Lest you think the people of Seattle have forgotten, they have not.
Oh, they have learned to live with the Sonics leaving for Oklahoma City, with owners who betrayed them. But don’t think they are over it.
For example, the former Sonics mascot “Squatch” walked around Portland’s Rose Garden — with a “homeless” sign — went to the Sonics-come-Thunder game in Portland Thursday.
Pretty funny stuff. Clever, but you expect that out of Sonics fans. Of course, if they really want a team back in town they need to help get a new arena built. Then again, Seattle fans have been pushing and hoping for a new arena for years only to be let down by owners and politicians.
So maybe mascots and clever is the way to go.
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 0
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 3
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 11
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 44
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 17