Nov 5, 2010, 8:17 AM EDT
Lest you think the people of Seattle have forgotten, they have not.
Oh, they have learned to live with the Sonics leaving for Oklahoma City, with owners who betrayed them. But don’t think they are over it.
For example, the former Sonics mascot “Squatch” walked around Portland’s Rose Garden — with a “homeless” sign — went to the Sonics-come-Thunder game in Portland Thursday.
Pretty funny stuff. Clever, but you expect that out of Sonics fans. Of course, if they really want a team back in town they need to help get a new arena built. Then again, Seattle fans have been pushing and hoping for a new arena for years only to be let down by owners and politicians.
So maybe mascots and clever is the way to go.
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 14
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 55
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 9
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 30
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 73