Nov 5, 2010, 8:17 AM EST
Lest you think the people of Seattle have forgotten, they have not.
Oh, they have learned to live with the Sonics leaving for Oklahoma City, with owners who betrayed them. But don’t think they are over it.
For example, the former Sonics mascot “Squatch” walked around Portland’s Rose Garden — with a “homeless” sign — went to the Sonics-come-Thunder game in Portland Thursday.
Pretty funny stuff. Clever, but you expect that out of Sonics fans. Of course, if they really want a team back in town they need to help get a new arena built. Then again, Seattle fans have been pushing and hoping for a new arena for years only to be let down by owners and politicians.
So maybe mascots and clever is the way to go.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 0
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 4
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 22
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 22
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0