Nov 5, 2010, 8:17 AM EDT
Lest you think the people of Seattle have forgotten, they have not.
Oh, they have learned to live with the Sonics leaving for Oklahoma City, with owners who betrayed them. But don’t think they are over it.
For example, the former Sonics mascot “Squatch” walked around Portland’s Rose Garden — with a “homeless” sign — went to the Sonics-come-Thunder game in Portland Thursday.
Pretty funny stuff. Clever, but you expect that out of Sonics fans. Of course, if they really want a team back in town they need to help get a new arena built. Then again, Seattle fans have been pushing and hoping for a new arena for years only to be let down by owners and politicians.
So maybe mascots and clever is the way to go.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 39
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 39
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17