Nov 5, 2010, 8:17 AM EDT
Lest you think the people of Seattle have forgotten, they have not.
Oh, they have learned to live with the Sonics leaving for Oklahoma City, with owners who betrayed them. But don’t think they are over it.
For example, the former Sonics mascot “Squatch” walked around Portland’s Rose Garden — with a “homeless” sign — went to the Sonics-come-Thunder game in Portland Thursday.
Pretty funny stuff. Clever, but you expect that out of Sonics fans. Of course, if they really want a team back in town they need to help get a new arena built. Then again, Seattle fans have been pushing and hoping for a new arena for years only to be let down by owners and politicians.
So maybe mascots and clever is the way to go.
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 3
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 1
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 25
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1