Nov 5, 2010, 10:38 AM EST
James Johnson has found a bit of a place in Tom Thibodeau’s rotation in Chicago — Thursday night he got 8:16 off the bench.
But the Bulls are exploring trading him to Charlotte, according to Mark Stein of ESPN. Exactly what they would get that they need out of this transaction remains unclear. Chicago also decided not to sign Patrick Beverley, the last cut of the Miami Heat, according to the report.
The one thing that becomes clear out of the report is that the Bulls plan on making some roster moves later in the season. It would be a little tough now — until Carlos Boozer returns you don’t know exactly what the Bulls will look like. We might have some ideas, but until we see the full team in action we don’t really know.
So Chicago waits. But expect them to take some steps before the February trading deadline.
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 0
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 16
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)