Nov 5, 2010, 10:38 AM EST
James Johnson has found a bit of a place in Tom Thibodeau’s rotation in Chicago — Thursday night he got 8:16 off the bench.
But the Bulls are exploring trading him to Charlotte, according to Mark Stein of ESPN. Exactly what they would get that they need out of this transaction remains unclear. Chicago also decided not to sign Patrick Beverley, the last cut of the Miami Heat, according to the report.
The one thing that becomes clear out of the report is that the Bulls plan on making some roster moves later in the season. It would be a little tough now — until Carlos Boozer returns you don’t know exactly what the Bulls will look like. We might have some ideas, but until we see the full team in action we don’t really know.
So Chicago waits. But expect them to take some steps before the February trading deadline.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 1
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 2
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8