Nov 5, 2010, 10:38 AM EST
James Johnson has found a bit of a place in Tom Thibodeau’s rotation in Chicago — Thursday night he got 8:16 off the bench.
But the Bulls are exploring trading him to Charlotte, according to Mark Stein of ESPN. Exactly what they would get that they need out of this transaction remains unclear. Chicago also decided not to sign Patrick Beverley, the last cut of the Miami Heat, according to the report.
The one thing that becomes clear out of the report is that the Bulls plan on making some roster moves later in the season. It would be a little tough now — until Carlos Boozer returns you don’t know exactly what the Bulls will look like. We might have some ideas, but until we see the full team in action we don’t really know.
So Chicago waits. But expect them to take some steps before the February trading deadline.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 20
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 2
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9