Nov 5, 2010, 10:38 AM EST
James Johnson has found a bit of a place in Tom Thibodeau’s rotation in Chicago — Thursday night he got 8:16 off the bench.
But the Bulls are exploring trading him to Charlotte, according to Mark Stein of ESPN. Exactly what they would get that they need out of this transaction remains unclear. Chicago also decided not to sign Patrick Beverley, the last cut of the Miami Heat, according to the report.
The one thing that becomes clear out of the report is that the Bulls plan on making some roster moves later in the season. It would be a little tough now — until Carlos Boozer returns you don’t know exactly what the Bulls will look like. We might have some ideas, but until we see the full team in action we don’t really know.
So Chicago waits. But expect them to take some steps before the February trading deadline.
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 30
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 16
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6