Nov 5, 2010, 1:01 PM EDT
Fabricio Oberto has joined the long and storied tradition of Portland Trail Blazer big men who can’t play for them right now — Greg Oden, Joel Pryzbilla, Jeff Pendergraph. It’s not really funny, but if you can’t laugh about this run of luck you’d just be curled up on a corner of your bed crying.
Portland is moving on, trying to find one more big body to fill out their roster.
Earl Barron, Dwayne Jones, Sean Marks, Eric Boateng and Shavlik Randolph will all get a look, according to CBS Sports Facts and Rumors blog. Smart money says more names get added to that list.
Which is quite a collection. Although Barron had some good minutes in New York last season, he was the savior at center for a week (which is as long as anyone has that job, it’s Timofey Mozgov’s right now). Not sure how much Portland can get out of any of those guys on the court.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 4
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 11
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 45
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60