Nov 5, 2010, 1:01 PM EDT
Fabricio Oberto has joined the long and storied tradition of Portland Trail Blazer big men who can’t play for them right now — Greg Oden, Joel Pryzbilla, Jeff Pendergraph. It’s not really funny, but if you can’t laugh about this run of luck you’d just be curled up on a corner of your bed crying.
Portland is moving on, trying to find one more big body to fill out their roster.
Earl Barron, Dwayne Jones, Sean Marks, Eric Boateng and Shavlik Randolph will all get a look, according to CBS Sports Facts and Rumors blog. Smart money says more names get added to that list.
Which is quite a collection. Although Barron had some good minutes in New York last season, he was the savior at center for a week (which is as long as anyone has that job, it’s Timofey Mozgov’s right now). Not sure how much Portland can get out of any of those guys on the court.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37