Nov 5, 2010, 1:01 PM EST
Fabricio Oberto has joined the long and storied tradition of Portland Trail Blazer big men who can’t play for them right now — Greg Oden, Joel Pryzbilla, Jeff Pendergraph. It’s not really funny, but if you can’t laugh about this run of luck you’d just be curled up on a corner of your bed crying.
Portland is moving on, trying to find one more big body to fill out their roster.
Earl Barron, Dwayne Jones, Sean Marks, Eric Boateng and Shavlik Randolph will all get a look, according to CBS Sports Facts and Rumors blog. Smart money says more names get added to that list.
Which is quite a collection. Although Barron had some good minutes in New York last season, he was the savior at center for a week (which is as long as anyone has that job, it’s Timofey Mozgov’s right now). Not sure how much Portland can get out of any of those guys on the court.
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 0
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 17
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 6
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 31
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 31