Nov 5, 2010, 1:01 PM EDT
Fabricio Oberto has joined the long and storied tradition of Portland Trail Blazer big men who can’t play for them right now — Greg Oden, Joel Pryzbilla, Jeff Pendergraph. It’s not really funny, but if you can’t laugh about this run of luck you’d just be curled up on a corner of your bed crying.
Portland is moving on, trying to find one more big body to fill out their roster.
Earl Barron, Dwayne Jones, Sean Marks, Eric Boateng and Shavlik Randolph will all get a look, according to CBS Sports Facts and Rumors blog. Smart money says more names get added to that list.
Which is quite a collection. Although Barron had some good minutes in New York last season, he was the savior at center for a week (which is as long as anyone has that job, it’s Timofey Mozgov’s right now). Not sure how much Portland can get out of any of those guys on the court.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 3
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 10
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 4
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18