Nov 5, 2010, 1:01 PM EST
Fabricio Oberto has joined the long and storied tradition of Portland Trail Blazer big men who can’t play for them right now — Greg Oden, Joel Pryzbilla, Jeff Pendergraph. It’s not really funny, but if you can’t laugh about this run of luck you’d just be curled up on a corner of your bed crying.
Portland is moving on, trying to find one more big body to fill out their roster.
Earl Barron, Dwayne Jones, Sean Marks, Eric Boateng and Shavlik Randolph will all get a look, according to CBS Sports Facts and Rumors blog. Smart money says more names get added to that list.
Which is quite a collection. Although Barron had some good minutes in New York last season, he was the savior at center for a week (which is as long as anyone has that job, it’s Timofey Mozgov’s right now). Not sure how much Portland can get out of any of those guys on the court.
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 1
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39