Nov 5, 2010, 11:56 PM EDT
There seems to be something about guys in cars with the Sacramento Kings. Former coach Eric Musselman got a DIU, as did minority owner George Maloof. Then there was Tyreke Evans, who got cited and suspended for a game after a 100 mph cruise through the city.
Now Antoine Wright has joined group, the reserve swing man was arrested for a DUI Thursday night. Associated Press has the quotes.
“I’m sorry for having gotten myself into this situation,” Wright said through the team. “I sincerely apologize to my teammates and coaches, the Sacramento Kings organization, the Sacramento community and fans and my family.”
“We are extremely disappointed in the situation Antoine has created for himself and the organization,” Petrie said. “There certainly has been no shortage of education and/or resources made available to our players in regard to these types of dangerous behaviors. We will, however, respect his right of due process at this time.”
The league has been pretty consistent about suspending guys a couple of games for this. That will not impact the Kings much, Wright has played in just two of the Kings first five minutes, he is the guy at the very end of the bench.
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 0
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 1
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 27
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17