Nov 5, 2010, 11:56 PM EDT
There seems to be something about guys in cars with the Sacramento Kings. Former coach Eric Musselman got a DIU, as did minority owner George Maloof. Then there was Tyreke Evans, who got cited and suspended for a game after a 100 mph cruise through the city.
Now Antoine Wright has joined group, the reserve swing man was arrested for a DUI Thursday night. Associated Press has the quotes.
“I’m sorry for having gotten myself into this situation,” Wright said through the team. “I sincerely apologize to my teammates and coaches, the Sacramento Kings organization, the Sacramento community and fans and my family.”
“We are extremely disappointed in the situation Antoine has created for himself and the organization,” Petrie said. “There certainly has been no shortage of education and/or resources made available to our players in regard to these types of dangerous behaviors. We will, however, respect his right of due process at this time.”
The league has been pretty consistent about suspending guys a couple of games for this. That will not impact the Kings much, Wright has played in just two of the Kings first five minutes, he is the guy at the very end of the bench.
- Warriors take Game 1 from Clippers 13
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 33
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 28