Nov 5, 2010, 11:56 PM EDT
There seems to be something about guys in cars with the Sacramento Kings. Former coach Eric Musselman got a DIU, as did minority owner George Maloof. Then there was Tyreke Evans, who got cited and suspended for a game after a 100 mph cruise through the city.
Now Antoine Wright has joined group, the reserve swing man was arrested for a DUI Thursday night. Associated Press has the quotes.
“I’m sorry for having gotten myself into this situation,” Wright said through the team. “I sincerely apologize to my teammates and coaches, the Sacramento Kings organization, the Sacramento community and fans and my family.”
“We are extremely disappointed in the situation Antoine has created for himself and the organization,” Petrie said. “There certainly has been no shortage of education and/or resources made available to our players in regard to these types of dangerous behaviors. We will, however, respect his right of due process at this time.”
The league has been pretty consistent about suspending guys a couple of games for this. That will not impact the Kings much, Wright has played in just two of the Kings first five minutes, he is the guy at the very end of the bench.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50